Friday, June 10, 2011

160/365

160/365 by sally_re
160/365, a photo by sally_re on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Day 2 of the prize! Continental breakfast buffet at the hotel - yum - then off to meet my personal shopper!

I was a bit nervous before she got there - wasn't sure what to expect. I only had 2 hours with Debbie and she was absolutely lovely - really listened to what sort of clothes I liked/wanted. Took me all over Marks and Sparks looking for pieces and picked up things I wouldn't normally have tried on. I didn't really have time to get into a lot of detail with her but it was bloody lovely having someone carry your clothes, fetch different sizes from the changing rooms etc. We spent over half the time in M&S then whizzed to Evans to buy some mad shoes (I can barely walk in them but I HAD to have them) and another outfit.

I ended up with a beautiful black and white dress, a polka dot swing skirt, leggings, 2 tops, 3 pairs of shoes, a playsuit (like a floaty maxi dress but trousers instead of a skirt), some jewellery and a fascinator headband. I've still got £200 left and I'm saving that for my Vivien of Holloway dress which I'll get nearer my birthday.

Then I met up with the girls again, we had manicures as you can see (I couldn't resist the glitter) and a wonderful dim sum lunch (which the girls paid for - how lucky am I !)

Ended up with a wander around covent garden, home to dump the bags then off out again to book club. All in all, I couldn't have had more fun or shared it with more wonderful friends.

So enter internet competitions! It's so worth it!

No comments: