Sunday, March 20, 2011

79/365


79/365, originally uploaded by sally_re.

This isn't the most flattering picture of myself but it's me on my way home today.

I was so excited...I've been waiting for this day to come. Last year I worked on a film called Jane Eyre - one of the biggest jobs I've had on film - 6 days work on location and in Pinewood. The film was released last week in the US and has been getting great reviews. I saw the cast and crew screening today. I travelled up to London very early this morning to Mayfair and was full of anticipation and excitement.

And I've basically been cut. All the work I did. I'm barely visible on screen at all.

Making this film was the most amazing job I've had. I got to work with a hero of mine (Judi Dench). I got to work with an amazing director and improvise a scene he invented specifically for my character. I got to meet some wonderful people, and I got to fulfill a long held ambition to go back to a place where I used to work as a receptionist, but this time I was walking in as an actor. And for that I'm utterly grateful. And yes, I got paid quite nicely thank you.

But I'm bitterly, bitterly disappointed that none of this made it into the film. I know it's the nature of the job. I know Kevin Costner has been there done that. But I was SO excited. And I'm also embarrased that all the friends and family who have been just as excited as I am, may as well not bother seeing the film (though it is a wonderful film). I'd planned a group outing with my friends. I couldn't wait to show it to them. And unless you know where to look, I'm not there at all. I've talked about it for so long - plastered my website with it....it's almost humiliating.

Bitterly bitterly disappointed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look like a lovely woman to me; I LOVE your photos; and I can see you have a beautiful aura, soul, and beautiful face.

Sorry for your disappointment; never give up..

AnonX

Hiccup3000 said...

I make films, and im on the crew side of things (see blog http://hiccupsblog.blogspot.com) you'll notice if you read some of the articles such as -first hollywood rejection and film premier- that I have the same problems on the other side of things too. I've gotten into the spirit of 'I don't belive anything until it happens' which is depressing that I have such little trust in people but it helps with the falls. I was supposed to work wih Ray Winston next week but the director decided last minute that he didnt want a script supervisor on set?! Utter nonsense but it happens all the time:)

Sally said...

Thank you oh lovely Anonymous one...that made me smile...

Hiccup3000 said...

No worries Sally! be sure to add me. new job posts added today.x