Thursday, December 30, 2010

Trying to be introspective and shit....

It's the time of year when I should be writing a look back at the wonder that was 2010....and making resolutions for 2011......but I can't!

I have been writing this post in my head for days - or trying to rather, and not getting very far....

2010 sucked really - there were pockets of loveliness that were wonderful - like loft conversions (although getting through the building works while on crutches wasn't wonderful), Toby starting nursery and making progress, my sister being her amazingly awesome self and spoiling me rotten periodically throughout the year, my Dad retiring and being around more....

But it was also a major year of crap. And most of it is already documented here.....

So I will draw a veil over 2010 and will probably not remember it fondly. This last week has been pretty lovely - again, mainly due to the generosity of love and giving that is my sister and sister in law. And finding time to talk to my husband honestly and properly for the first time in a long time. And seeing my boys faces lit up on Christmas.

But my resolution for 2011 is to forget 2010. I turn 40 next year which I approach with trepidation. I do feel, cliche as it is, more like being myself and not pretending to be someone I'm not, or acting in a way I think people want me to act in order to please them not myself. I'm trying to do what's right for me and being unapologetic.

Unfortunately this has led me to repeatedly listen to this song. And in a spirit of unapologeticness I'm sharing it here. I bloody love this song. It may be pure cheese. But it's my new theme song and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Clare Griffiths said...

Reminds me of trying to sing that on the Glee app on my phone!

We had some good times in 2010, but I agree it has been pretty pants in general!