Monday, November 30, 2009

Breakfast

Toby won't eat it. Just won't. I tried the breakfast muffins detailed below....nope. Even Oscar didn't eat them the day after. So this week in my online shop I bought ingredients to try 4 different breakfast alternatives - 2 muffins and 2 flapjack style breakfast bars.

The shopping arrived tonight at 6.30 so not much time - I did the easiest recipe I found - Granola muffins.

I used Jordan's Superfoods granola with blueberries and strawberries (dried) in it. And Betty Crocker Bisquick as that is what they had at Tesco. I used choc chips and left out the nuts

Here's the recipe...

Ingredients:
2 cups biscuit mix
1 cup granola, your favorite
2 tablespoons honey
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped dates
1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional

Preheat oven to 400°. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat with a wooden spoon until well blended, about 30 to 45 seconds. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 12 granola muffins.

It took 5 minutes to measure out and mix, then whacked in the oven! Using the cups is much easier than faffing with scales. And using the bisquick made it easy. They're quite dense - not like the muffins in Starbucks - and they're not too sweet - which is what i wanted as, even with the chocolate chips, I don't want to sugar-rush the boys (especially Oscar) first thing in the morning. I like them - let's see if the boys eat a couple in the morning - I'll let you know!

No comments: