Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Oscar's first school report....

Wow. Oscar is coming to the end of his first "year" at school (since he only started in January it's two terms instead of three but still...). I got his report in the bookbag today and I'm quite pleased with it. Bear in mind he is the YOUNGEST kid in the whole school. He turns five the week before he starts Year One.

Here are some extracts

"Oscar is sometimes involved in small disputes and now needs to develop his skills of cooperation and negotiation to overcome these difficulties appropriately. He will need to consider the consequences of his words and actions for others much more and I feel sure, as he matures, he can achieve this".

"Oscar has the potential to do very well in school"

"Oscar's communication skills are very good....he is very good at reciting stories and experiences brought from outside the setting. "

"Oscar shows a keen interest in mathematical activities"

"He takes part in whole class singing and music sessions with enthusiasm. Oscar has enjoyed using musical instruments and moves expressively and rhythmically and enjoys movement lessons"

"Oscar is always enthusiastic to partipate in physical activity and eagerly awaits our weekly PE sessions."

Oscar also contributed to his report. When asked what he liked at school he says
"I like playing Hide and Seek. I like to write and I like to build with lego blocks. That's all I can think of. I can't think of anything else."

When asked what he was good at he said "Running. Hiding. Counting up to ten. That's all I can think of".

Supposedly when he leaves school he wants to be a builder. Which was news to me. But better than an alien which is what he usually says he wants to be when he grows up.

There are areas to work on, but he's done well this year. The most important one for me is the first line "Oscar separates from his parents in the mornings with confidence and is keen to enter the class". Can't ask for more than that! He's also got 100% attendance with no lateness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Oz! love Mox x

Verification is .... sheotout - quite apt, lol x

Nic said...

Well done Oscar!!
I know that in a few years, it won't matter about being the oldest and youngest in the year at school but I think its a huge thing for them. Jack was the 3rd youngest and was struggling with school in social terms more than academically and Lou will be the oldest when she starts in September so I'll get to experience both extremes I guess.

Robin said...

Yay, Oz! So proud of your boy (and you for the excellent parenting!). :)