Thursday, May 14, 2009

For Sue...who is bored of Poo

I haven't blogged for ages....sorry peeps - most people I know read my crap on Facebook and the occasional Tweet. I do have an excuse - a lurgy ridden family!

Toby got chicken pox over the Bank Holiday weekend. I was quite relieved as I wanted to get it out of the way. He was covered, poor mite, with one on his eyelid and a huge one on the end of his nose. Most of them though were on his undercarriage....



So I wasa quarantined for a week. My lovely friend Claire helped me out one morning which meant I could escape to Weight watchers. I've started again....and lost 8lbs in the first week (and put 1/2 lb back on again this week....)

Toby has also got a really nasty mouth ulcer - probably sparked by the pox. Had a really rough night last night - he was up every 2 hours or so and the whole house gave up by 5.30 and we all got up. I was wasted. Had to have a root canal this morning. Joy! Thank god for Mum who came over and let me sleep, she picked Oz up from school and got Toby an appointment at the doctors. She took Oz to gymnastics too. Wouldn't have managed today at all if it wasn't for her - Rob is out at a conference till late....

So what else....is there anything else? Erm.....Oz is fine - his behaviour at school has improved. He has his good days and bad days - main problem is still his inability to keep still for more than 2 seconds at a time! I've only had one phone call from the Deputy Head and that was to tell me someone had hit Oscar - I was so relieved that it wasn't Oz who had done the hitting, that I said "oh good" when she told me. I think she understood what I was getting at though! Oz was fine - the girl had hit him with a knife in her hand and had been sent home but it was a plastic knife and I know she didn't really mean it - she has autism. I think the Deputy was just relieved I wasn't making a fuss.

I am now officially a Parent Governor for Oscar's school which is fab. I'm really pleased. I may have to pull back from the PTA a bit as it's a lot to take on. I am a bit nervous about my first meeting but I'm sure I'll be fine.

I go to Detroit on 4th June and I can't bloody wait. A week off! I'm doing a boot sale this weekend to get spending money and have a couple of things on Ebay too. I'll sell anything I can get my hands on! I'm not above mugging my friends' charity shop bags too.

Ok that's all I can think of. Hope that's ok with you Sue!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obv a blog virgin cos can't seem to leave message - wish I hadn't moaned and you had stuck with poo cos seem to have wished you such a rotten scenario. Hope the lad feeling better soon. Lovely notices for your fillum and love from Whinging Sue

Anonymous said...

Glad the pox has gone and the car boot did well. Glad Oz is enjoying school more too.

Yay for America! You will have a ball!

Well done at WW BTW.

Mox
x