Friday, March 20, 2009

Updating (sorry Ursi!)

Yes - all that information in the last post and no follow up! I don't think I got either of the auditions I went for - certainly not the first one and it's a week since the 2 1/2 hour treck to Acton for the last one and I haven't heard. Not a problem though!

Did my job on Wednesday - a campaign to get parents to take their kids to the park - so I got paid very nicely to sit in the background of lots of photos of children in a sunny park near Hastings. I even got sunburnt! My nose is red but a week too late for Red Nose Day.

Been an okish week - Toby is trouble but then he always is! He keeps pushing other children which I find frustrating and embarassing. He does now say "sowwy" very nicely but it doesn't seem to stop him doing it. Twice today I had to leave because of it - this morning at Katharine's house he just couldn't play nicely with the other children and we left, then this lunch time in a park the same problem. We won't get invited anywhere at this rate! I hate the feeling that as soon as I leave all the other mums breathe a sigh of relief as the nasty child is gone.....I'm starting to get paranoid now....

Weather has been splendid so we spent most of last weekend in the park - here's some film of it....
It was windy on Saturday but here's Oz and Rob

And my current favourite....Pirate Oscarrrrr


Oz's writing is coming on leaps and bounds which is fab. He isn't that keen on reading - prefers to be read to at night which is fair enough. He's finished the BFG with Rob and they've started on Charlotte's Web - a chapter a night.

Can't think of anything else - Toby is actually asleep in his cot so I'm going to go and have a cup of tea and finish "Ghostwritten" by David Mitchell. I read "Cloud Atlas" and am hooked on his style of writing - leaping all over the place but totally absorbing....then I've got The Suspicions of Mr Whicher to read - loads of good stuff!

Tomorrow I'm being spoilt rotten by my mother even though it should be vice versa - going to lunch then to see Judi Dench in Madame De Sade - I've never seen her live on stage and it is going to be amazing (even though the reviews aren't being kind - I don't care!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for Dame Jude! Air kiss her for me.

Glad you've updated, was planning to ring to see if all was okay in the Smoke.

I think being 2 is taking a toll on our babies and their brains are being wired all muddled. Crazy things.

Would love to see some of Oz's writing so take pics!

Mox
xxx

Nic said...

Sorry about the jobs but the advert for using the park sounds good, paid to sunbathe ;)

I think I heard someone reviewing 'The Suspicions of Mr Whicher' on the radio last night and it sounded like a great book. I say I think because I couldn't remember the name of the book and was kicking myself this morning so thanks for reminding me!

Don't be paranoid. At least you are taking Toby away. I wouldn't be saying bad things if you were trying to do things about it. I would if you were merrily drinking your tea and ignoring him though like some parents around here.

Enjoy your day tomorrow!

Clare Griffiths said...

Heh - I feel your pain. By the time I left playclub on Tuesday, James had hit every other child in the room. I didn't mind so much with Finley and Isaac, as I know Louise and Vickie weren't bothered, but I was so embarrassed with the others.

Great stuff re: Charlotte's Web. I loved that book as a child.