Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Stuff and nonsense...

As requested by Moxie here is my lovely handwritten card inside from Oz...considering he's only been at school since January, and he was a very reluctant writer, I'm really proud of him. He's doing his "s" on the side but I know what it says and I love it.

I think I've mentioned before that I'm doing an in-schoolfamily learning programme called SHARE and we do an activity every week. He's exceeding my expectations almost every time. He loves to spell now - is obssessed with SuperWhy - an American TV show that Poppy turned me on to - he was on the website and spelt 6 words correctly to make his Princess P crown which he INSISTED I print off so here he is proudly wearing it..! Toby is being a cutie at the moment - and SLEEPING! Thank God the night time waking has stopped. He often wakes up at 6 but if I go in and tell him it's too early, he'll either doze off again or play with toys in his cot until I get up at 7 or his big bro goes in to see him. His favourite phrase at the moment is "don worry mummy" which he says as he pats me on the head. NO idea where he's got it from but it's very cute! He's also very huggy at the moment and loves kissing everyone.

I'm very excited because I've booked my flight to go and see my sister and my stonecutter chums in June. The wonderful aforementioned Poppy is also going to fly me to St Louis for an overnighter - it's cheaper for her to do that than pay to come to Detroit herself - how damn lucky am I to have such amazing friends? I've never been to St Louis and it also means I get to hang out with her wonderful daughter too. And see her house. And her dogs. I'm so excited!!

I worry about Toby this time though - last week was really hectic - I had that job on Wednesday and was doing loads of stuff for the PTA which meant I didn't really see Toby on Wednesday at all. Supposedly at bed time he was quite upset and asking for Mummy. When I went away last year I don't think he noticed but me being gone for a whole week might be a bit tough on him.

Rob is taking the week off, my Mum is around to help - it'll be fine. Last year I didn't miss them at all but this year I might - I'm not quite as exhausted and fed up as I was last year! But I'm still going to have a bloody good time! I'm going to be doing as many boot sales as I can to raise some spending money. Oh I can't wait!

On the nonsense front - Oz and Toby's new favourite show is called Poetry Pie - have you seen it on CBeebies? All the episodes are also on the website here - I highly recommend watching it! All the cartoon characters are voiced by children with fab accents! My favourite is episode one which is at the bottom - "Freda the Flat Footed Fairy" read by a welsh cow....and Toby's favourite, the "Never Put Your Potty" poem. The boys also love episode 20 - one poem about a spider read by a jamaican pug dog.....

In other news...I'm standing for Parent Governor at Oscar's school. I know I'm jumping in with both feet, what with the PTA and the SHARE scheme, but I really want to be involved with the school - I think it's important. And I am really good at speaking to parents outside the school and think I can represent their wishes and opinions in the Board of Governors situation. I'm up against someone though which is a bit wierd - it's the husband of one of the PTA as well and he's really nice - so whoever gets elected will be an asset to Governors. It's like a strange sort of popularity contest though - his daughter is in Year 2 so he's been involved with the school for longer - but I'm at the school every day as I take Oscar and pick him up whereas he isn't there in the week at all......who knows. I don't want to walk around the playground shouting VOTE FOR ME but I'm quietly encouraging my friends to! I'll keep you posted.....

3 comments:

Clare Griffiths said...

That is sooooo cute. It must be a brilliant feeling to get your first handwritten Mother's Day card!

Toby is very attached to you, but he'll be fine, you need your space and your break and you'll come back energised for the future!

Here's to doing a few car boot sales between now and then to raise some cash!

xx

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for you to be a Parent governor - think you'd be fab hon. Glad to hear the Tobester's finally getting some sleep in for you!!! Yay to going to see your sis for a whole week!!!! Toby will be fine. He's older this time round so is more aware of your absence but kiddies adpat so bloody quickly! xx

Anonymous said...

Go girl! Vote Sal!

Thanks for posting the card pic for me - it is GORGEOUS! His writing is fab hun, you must be very proud <3

We chatted about the other stuff but yay yay yay again!

Mox

xx