Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Four Seasons In One Day

Well not quite four seasons – but so much has happened in just one day today I can’t quite believe it…..

First off I had a massive sleep last night so I feel so much more sane today than I have felt in about 3 weeks. Had a nice morning to myself – popped to Bromley to exchange some trousers for my husband (it gets more exciting, honest) and was having a leisurely coffee at home before picking up the Tobester when my phone rang.

My agent. Not my personal management agent who I do hear from occasionally – my commercials agent who I haven’t spoken to for a year. I’ve got a job – someone has booked me just from seeing my picture on their website. £500 for a day’s work, photographic, in Slough and no, I don’t have to get my tits out Moxie before you ask!

Excellent news. I’m ringing round trying to sort out childcare when agent rings again! Same agency, different person – audition for tomorrow for another photographic job which would pay £600 for half a day’s work if I get it. And since Rob is off tomorrow I can swan up to London and be an actor for the day! Lovely

Then I check my email and see that I’ve got a code to buy tickets for Michael Jackson even though they don’t go on sale to the general public till Friday. I know someone at Toby’s nursery has been up since 6am trying to get tickets. I go to ticketmaster and just see – and get 2 tickets for his show. I plan to flog them for a profit. I know I’ve tried this before but Spice Girl tickets weren’t such a great bet. I think I’ll be fine with Jacko.

Then Rob rings. He’s got a promotion – to senior management – with up to a 10% pay rise. We don’t know how much he’ll get or his new title yet – he’s going to get a letter from HR but his boss just wanted to let him know!

Then in Oscar’s school bag I see a letter about Parent – Governors – there’s a vacancy….and I’m considering applying. Something to get my brain whizzing anyway!

So all that happened from 11am onwards – my head is in a bit of a whirl. We’re about to order a takeaway from Royal Gurkha to celebrate (can’t believe I want curry but it’s just so good and not spicy and I’m craving peshwari naan!)

Let’s hope tomorrow is fun too – cross your fingers for me!

5 comments:

Tequilamonkey said...

Wow wow wow that's all so fantastic!
Congratulations to Rob and good luck to you! It's great to hear some good news out there!
Enjoy your curry :)

Anonymous said...

Blimey - the sun shines on the Edwards family! congratulations and good luck with the acting - you will tell us what to look out for won't you??!! here is for another happy day today! Uxxx

Anonymous said...

My comment didn't show up from the other day. Ah well, belated good lucks for the audition and fantastic that your money worries are over et al!

Hurrah!

love a rushing

Moxie
xxx

Bobbie said...

How late am I reading this?? What a perfectly fantastic day. So pleased for you hon!!!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey lady, what about blogging an udpate? Have been sending all positive thoughts for auditions... What the goss? tell all! Uxx