Wednesday, February 25, 2009

William Hague made me cry...

I can't quite believe it as he has one of the most unemotional voices in the world...but I had just picked up Toby from nursery and was listening to the news at 1 on the radio - they were, of course, discussing the incredibly sad news that David Cameron's son Ivan had died that morning. They had suspended Prime Minister's Questions and the House was offering condolences. Hague thanked everyone on behalf of David Cameron and said "Ivan suffered much in his short life, but he brought joy and love to those around him and, as David himself has said in the past, for him and Samantha he will always be their beautiful boy." I couldn't help but cry, sitting there at the traffic lights.

I can't imagine their pain.

Jade Goody's story has also been a constant reminder of the cruelty of life from the other perspective - a parent dying - and how awful it must be for her to leave her two little boys.

There seems to be a lot of sadness around for everyone at the moment. And I had to mark it but don't know how.

So I'll light a candle tonight. For all the parents grieving, for all the children grieving, for all the sadness in the world. And hope that little light spreads out somehow.

1 comment:

Nic said...

It is all so sad, isn't it? I was listening to the news yesterday in tears. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through.
xxx