Monday, February 02, 2009

Snow Day Part 2

We're all going a bit stir crazy. We had a quiet Saturday cos of the cold and although we went out on Sunday, Toby didn't. And now we can't even go anywhere....which makes us want to go out more!

The boys went in the garden again. And Toby killed Mr Carrot Nose the beautiful snowman. (Oscar helped!)


Then Rob and Oz had a snowball fight....
Then they started eating snow!
So I decided to do what my sister had suggested - make snow ice cream a la Little House On The Prairie! Kirsti sent me a recipe from here and here it is

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cups sugar
  • CLEAN Snow

Preparation:

Go outside and get 4 - 5 cups of fresh, clean snow. Don't pack the snow! Bring it in the house and set it in the freezer until you need it.

Mix together the milk, vanilla, and the sugar. Stir this mixture until the sugar is dissolved. Slowly add the snow to your mixture, stirring constantly, until it is as thick as ice cream! Eat up!

So I made it - as you can see


We added more snow to the bowl above as it was too runny and it looked right....Oz wasn't sure about it...
But sweet tooth Rob liked it! It was very sweet....and not a strong enough vanilla flavour for me but I didn't have any more vanilla extract so it had to be as it was!

There's Jamie Oliver Squash and Pancetta bake in the oven - I think that will be more popular (except with Toby)....

1 comment:

So long, farewell! said...

How fab! I want some!

xxx

validation word was doboi (?!)