Wednesday, January 07, 2009

And later....

Mum and I walked with Toby in the buggy to pick Oz up at 3.15. We were early. (Of course). I peeped through the window of Oscar's classroom and he was sitting with his teacher and all looked calm! He rushed out full of excitement and kept telling everyone outside that he'd been to big school. Walking home a couple of his classmates were shouting "insults" to each other over the road - calling each other stinkers - nothing really bad. Oscar said they had called him a banana head. So I've taught him the sticks and stones rhyme - he's going to have to get used to name calling I think! And learn to cope with it. Just wasn't expecting it on the first day. And so starts a school-life time of me not liking some of Oscar's classmates methinks....

Anyway. He was very giddy, very happy and very hungry! Toby fell asleep on the way home but I had to wake him up - he wasn't pleased and tantrummed for about 20 minutes. He refused his dinner - veggie nuggets with carrot and swede mash - and after an hour of whining, he asked for (and received) Fruit n Fibre in a bowl for dinner. He asked for second helpings too!

And tonight - at bedtime (I'm on my own since Rob is away so I was doing them individually), Toby kept saying "poo poo" though he hadn't - since we were in the bathroom I sat him on the potty that has been stored there waiting for him (I haven't even considered beginning toilet training yet) and he sat down straight away and did a wee!

I know if you're not a parent you can't understand why I'm sharing this with the world wide web....but I'm so proud! I haven't done any prep for potty training - as far as I know (unless they've done it with him at nursery) he didn't even know what a potty was. But he peed in it!

So a milestone on the day before 2. Maybe I need to pull my finger out and start trying some potty time - Oz didn't manage it until he was nearly three but they are so different!

Right. A quiet house. I'm going to tidy up and then watch Lipstick Jungle that I recorded on Monday. I can't be arsed to cook myself dinner (and I did eat Toby's refused meal).....

1 comment:

Clare Griffiths said...

Glad Oscar enjoyed it.

Go Toby with the weeing on the potty! J has been saying poo poo for a while, but is totally inconsistent about how long after he says it one actually appears. We've managed to get him to poo into the loo a couple of times. We don't actually own a potty as yet, as I was thinking summer would be the earliest we would be starting.

Another thing to think about... (and dread!)