Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lighter

Don't know why but things feel better - yesterday was the first good day in a while. The boys behaved themselves which was cool. I spent the morning doing absolutely nothing - watching Lipstick Jungle and eating Pringles while Oz was at school (and ignoring the guilt over the pile of washing....). Picked Oz up and we had lunch (and I hung the washing so guilt gone). Then picked up Toby and we all went to Rascals with my lovely friend Liz and her son.

After a couple of misbehaviours (actually initiated by a brat of a little girl who was teasing and annoying Oz so he retaliated but then she left), Oscar and Sam played wonderfully together. Oz invented a game called Splat, Cap Sir Parrot where you squawk loudly, then throw yourself on the floor. No idea where that came from but they found it hysterical.

Came home and got an email saying my Icesave account had been activated so I could transfer our christmas money back into my main account - should be there on Monday. Relief! Then I realised my free gift that I should have had ages ago for taking out a subscription to HEAT magazine had arrived - £30 worth of Maybelline makeup - all in lovely colours that I will actually wear - mineral powder foundation, blusher, super lip gloss, black liquid eyeliner, super plumping mascara and beautiful bronze eyeshadow.

Then Moxie introduced me to Qype - a website where you review local businesses. It's really easy and quite fun - you accumulate points for reviews (20 for reviewing somewhere that no one else has reviewed yet and 8 for adding to other reviews). If you get 1,000 points you get an Ipod shuffle! And they've got an offer at the moment that if you review 50 things before the end of November you get £50 Amazon voucher. I joined yesterday and have done 30 reviews already and accumulated about 450 points. So that's cool! If you want to join click here and I'll get extra points for you too!

So I felt quite happy yesterday! For the first time in ages. And tonight I'm doing a market research focus group for Saros and getting £60 in cash. Which gives me ample spending money for MY DAY OFF on Friday - I can't wait! Abeno here I come - it's my favourite restaurant and if you want to know more about it - read my review on Qype!

3 comments:

Tequilamonkey said...

lovely to read such a happy diary entry :) I hope life carries on just like this for you.
Off to join Qype and get you some points ;)
xxxxx

So long, farewell! said...

I am glad you are feeling brighter honey, I worries about ya chick.

Love the fried egg, have fun munching.

x

Bobbie said...

So good to hear you sounding so much happier babe. xxx