Friday, August 08, 2008

Cookies!!

It's a sad but true fact that it's taken me 37 years to actually make a proper batch of cookies from scratch. Before I'd buy a mix or some pre-chilled dough and bake them myself but it doesn't count. As a summer holiday activity I decided to make some with Oz. I got the most amazing recipe here and I can tell you they are EXACTLY as promised - chewy inside, crisp outside. It makes a big batch so I only cooked 6 to start with:
If you do what the recipe suggests and use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to make hockey puck size lumps to start with, they spread a lot and are quite massive - as you can see from Oz and Toby below - I think it was as big as Toby's head!!
Oz doesn't look happy but he is, I promise!!

Toby in cookie heaven!

I even filmed em....


So if you have some spare time and aren't worried about your cholesterol (there's a LOT of butter in these cookies!) then make them. They are the best cookies I've ever had! And I made em! Which is very satisfying indeed!

3 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Hurrah for cookies! They look delish!

Do you have proper American measuring cups? You lucky thing. I always try to convert and bugger it up.

Post us a cookie!

xx

Clare Griffiths said...

They look amazing! I want some!!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful kids and beautiful cookies! It makes me hungry. (The cookies. Not the boys. Promise.)