Friday, February 08, 2008

A very public thank you

I haven't blogged much in 2008 have I - because so far it's SUCKED!!! Illness in the family still (thought Toby had chickenpox but I think it's just a nasty virus), boiler broken (now fixed), grumpy miserable husband (not fixed), exhausting kids.....

Throughout this my mother has been an absolute star. And the last couple of weeks she's been spoiling me rotten -not just keeping me in prawns and diet friendly treats, but giving up her time, allowing me to go and audition for a full on feature film (very small one line part but I got to meet the director so that was amazing - don't think I got it though), and thanks to Dad's lucrative job at the moment she's kitted me out with a new fridge freezer and kitchen floor (much needed) and paid for my heating to be fixed.

As well as very welcome financial assistance, she's also made me feel that at least someone is looking out for ME as well as the kids - someone's noticing that I'm exhausted and is trying to help. And I am so very very grateful.

So I know you read this my lovely Mum. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Couldn't have made it through the last few weeks without you. Love you xxxxx

4 comments:

Clare Griffiths said...

Hurrah for your mum! What a superstar!

Anonymous said...

Aw shucks! Thank you Sal - you're worth it. I think you're doing a great job holding your family together through the hardest of times. Glad I (and Roy) can help.

Love you

So long, farewell! said...

Great that you have your mum there to help honey. She is a star!

Hang in there - the end is in sight - no more illness in the house for the rest of the year!

x

So long, farewell! said...

Where are you chick? Hope you are okay...?

x