Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Toby's first birthday

is today! Hoorah! I'm actually full of flu so it hasn't been a great day for me (I spent the afternoon in bed - thank you Mum for being your usual guardian angel!)

I made a cake and iced it while running a temperature (that's my excuse!). Toby loved it though and scoffed a huge piece. He wasn't keen on the candle though!

Got lots of lovely presents from his friends including James the train which Oscar has purloined (thank you clare and james), and a lovely pull along cart with blocks(thank you nicky and callan and helena). And a fab book by the people who wrote the Gruffalo. (Thank you
Pearly!). And thirty quid so I think he should take me out to lunch!

So although I feel like hell, I think I gave him a good first birthday. Supposed to be having a mini-party tomorrow morning but might have to cancel as the hostess will be
sweaty and sneezy and blowing her nose every 10 seconds!





5 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Happy Birthday Tobes! And happy giving birth day mummy!

Sorry you have the flu, it's a really gnarly one and really infectious - we've had it since Christmas Eve and are only just seeing the light. It really takes it out of you too so I'd postpone the party if I were you hun, do it when you are fit and well.

A year already, gulp... how come time never went this fast when we wanted the end of term to come?!
x

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

Happy Happy Birthday Toby!!!

Clare Griffiths said...

Aww fab! Happy birthday to Tobes! And wearing his lovely new sleepsuit too - I'm touched! Looks like he enjoyed his cake.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday toby! Like mummy have had lurg and not up to driving to post office (it be in a far away village!) to post your parcel - but will do tomorrow... makes your birthday last a little longer. Unlike your cake - which you seemed to be eating quite fast! (Ace icing Sal... hidden talents!) UX

Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

Happy birthday, Toby! :)