Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Had a lovely lovely Christmas -great food from smoked salmon for breakfast to the easiest dinner I've ever cooked. Mum and Dad did all the prep from peeling the potatoes to stuffing the turkey - and delivered it all ready to go - all I had to do was cook it! And make gravy. And Mum washed up!!! I made roast potatoes in duck fat (we didn't have goose) and they were lush! Never done it before but no more olive oil for me when it comes to roasties - I'm converted!

Christmas morning was lovely - Oz was in heaven with his stocking full of Dora and Diego stuff and chocolate of course. Toby was a bit bemused but played with Oz's toys (when Oz let him). They both got great presents this year (though they had to wait till after lunch for them) - my best bargain was a huge cube for Toby for £7.50 from Ebay - as you can see it's brilliant!

He played with it for hours (so did Oz!) He also got some gorgeous books from my sis which enthralled him as you can see.


Oz got tons - musical instruments from us and my sister, a Peppa Pig train, more chocolate, a roaring dinosaur and rubber snakes. He's also got £100 to get a bike in the january sales.
I got lots of lovely stuff - smellies for the bath (I can't wait) and glitterbugs from Lush - some glittery shoes from my sis that are a little too small but I will wear them even if my feet bleed!


My big gift was this beautiful locket from Rob so I can put a photo of the boys close to my heart.
Hope you all had a very merry one. I'm off early to bed as I'm shattered - got a stinking cold off Toby too and have spent the day drugged up on Ibuprofen, Lemsip and Sudafed! I think I'll sleep well tonight! Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally makes the best gravy in the world.

Her mum

Kell said...

Sal,
Sounds fab. After all the hard few months of illness and tiredness and your first year of being a mum of two you deserved the best Xmas and it sounds like you had just that.
LOVE the shoes and necklace.

Boys look ace. xxxxxxxxx

Annie said...

So glad you all had a fabulous Christmas! And tell rob that he looks great in his VanGogh beard! ;)

Annie

So long, farewell! said...

Glad you had a great day hun. Love the cube and the shoes and the locket - I asked R to get me one of those when baby boy is born for the same reason. So sweet.

Glad your mum likes your gravy :o)

xxx

Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

Merry Christmas!