Tuesday, November 06, 2007

And the boys...

Feel I should do a little update....

Today Toby has finally sussed how to stand up. And is now doing it all over the place. Using anything he can get his hands on to pull himself up. He's ever so pleased with himself! He has also started smacking his lips a lot when he's hungry/thirsty. Here's a little example!



Oz hasn't enjoyed Guy Fawkes season. He's absolutely terrified. We went to a fireworks party on Saturday and he wouldn't go in the garden to see the show. Toby on the other hand, like his mother, absolutely bloody loved it! Was clapping every time a banger went off and bouncing up and down on my knee with glee.

Last night, being Nov 5th, it was particularly like Beirut on the estate behind our house. Oz was screaming and crying - so scared that Rob took him into our bed with him and lay there cuddling and reassuring him till he went to sleep. First thing Oz said this morning was "I like fireworks mummy....when they stop".

So it looks like it's just going to be Toby and I in the future trooping up to Blackheath for the displays! Rob hates fireworks too - so it must be genetic.

Talking of which - was very happy to read this today - I'm still feeding Toby - I could cup feed him formula but to be honest, I can't be arsed! I feel so much better than I used to now he's sleeping through (still woke up at 6am this morning and most mornings but I'm getting used to it!). Bfeeding is still easiest. He's got his front teeth coming through so has been erratic with eating - so easy to just put him on the boob a bit more. He's eating well - though he's refusing jars now - just won't eat them - but wolfs down "real" food. Thank God for scrambled egg!

Both boys are generally fab at the moment. Oz can still throw a wobbly - full on, on the floor, screaming and real tears - at the drop of a hat....but I just ignore it and it soon stops. The best control for him at the moment...."I'm counting to three.....one....two...." and whatever it is you want him to do is always done by 2. I used to threaten - if you don't do such and such by the time I count to three, there'll be no x, y, or z. But then I realised I didn't have to use the latter part of the threat - just the counting works!

Ok - there's a kiddie update for all of you (especially my family). My dad, who retired 2 months ago, has now got himself another job. Abroad. In Kosovo. (Nice...) So I have another reason to keep this updated so he can see his grandsons wherever he is.

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

Yay! Thank you for the update and the video. Can't wait to see him stand up too. He'll be walking before you know it... and he's obviously a great communicator already.

The Toad in the Hole looks yummy. I may have to find some good sausages over here and make it for Terry... and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the universe responds with an acting job for you.