Thursday, October 04, 2007

I got recognised today!!

Very funny. There's a bus stop right outside Oscar's pre-school. A woman was staring at me as I walked in with Oz. And as I came out she grabbed me - smiling away - and asked if I was on Tracy Beaker. I didn't know what she was on about. Then she said "Gladys" and I realised she meant Basil Brush!

She was so excited. She said she'd seen me dropping Oscar off before and thought it was me.....

They've been showing that episode a lot - a lot more than the second episode I did. I actually got a cheque through this week for repeat fees (the grand total of £50!) so it's great. I'm now famous in the Downham Estate area.....

Made me smile though!

Can't wait till Saturday. My favourite artist Brian Froud is coming on a rare trip to London and doing a signing at Forbidden Planet and I'm going to go and get his autograph...again. Got a copy of his latest book from America and he's also signing the new Labyrinth DVD which I want him to dedicate to my Toby (since his Toby is the one who inspired us to name our son!) I'm a geek. I'll also manage to cram in a visit to my fave sushi place for lunch methinks.....Rob is on kid duty to make up for having a week off!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey honey,

Am having a slothful weekend in London as I have been working my bot off so maybe drop me a text if you fancy company for a bit of sushi and a catch up!

x Pearl

Kirsti said...

Fame at last! And it even can buy you sushi money. Hope you have a fab time in London, and are first in line for book personalization.

Kristina said...

You're a star, Sal! :)

Anonymous said...

Absolute, total star! :) Hope you're having a wonderful time today!