Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rob's gone....

No don't worry! He hasn't left me - well he has but only to go on a business trip to Texas. So I'm flying solo until Monday. EEK!!! I think they'll hear my screaming in Texas!

I'm very jealous -I love America and have friends not too far from where he's going. If we hadn't had the kids, I'd have gone with him.....

So it's just me and the boys. Rob is a very hands on dad so it's going to be hard to adjust - every morning he gets Oz up, fed and clothed and often feeds Toby breakfast too to give me time to shower or get dressed in peace. And he baths both of them every night and puts Oscar to bed.

Last night he had to work too so I did a trial run of a new bedtime routine. Fed Toby downstairs while Night Garden finished. Then bathed them both - left Oz in the bath as I put Toby in pjs and in his bed - poor Toby didn't get a story or a lullaby - then went back and did the Oscar teeth-story-bed routine. Toby yowled a bit but by the time Oz was down, he was asleep.

Mum is going to help me out some evenings so Toby won't be completely neglected at bedtime! But it's going to be tough....especially at the weekend when I have them both all day - thank god for preschool and nursery during the week!

So send me anti-stress vibes - I'm going to need em.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loads and loads of good luck and chill out vibes your way!! Single motherhood is tough so take it easy on yourself. We don't have the kids this weekend or I'd invite you here for a bit of a break. I'm on the phone though if you need to scream! Seriously though I reckon you'll manage far better than you think you will and will feel justifiably proud of yourself come Monday :)

Clare Griffiths said...

You're doing great!!

Many hugs

xx