Friday, September 07, 2007

Not a great day (warning....winge ahead)

One of those days....A day when I have Oz and Toby all day is always exhausting. Toby is teething and has been whining and crying all day. And refusing to sleep. Oscar has been horrible - went to Gambado and he kept punching his friend - yes punching - no idea where he's learnt that one from...

He wouldn't sleep at lunchtime (neither would Toby) and this afternoon we went to see his friend Sam whose birthday it was. They couldn't get the hang of sharing - and I kept explaining to Oscar that because it was Sam's birthday, and these were his special presents, that Sam was entitled to play with them first. Tantrum tantrum tantrum. Toby screaming. Left Oscar with Sam and went with Toby to the docs for my appt to get my depo injection. Only to be told they'd made the appointment for NEXT Friday - even though I assured them they had told me this Friday and that I wouldn't have made the appointment for the week I was on holiday - they wouldn't see me. Total waste of fucking time driving an hour in school run traffic. With Toby screaming.

Then got a call from a friend to say I didn't even get an interview for that job I applied for. I knew it was out of my league.

Got back to Sam's house to find Oscar in full on screaming tantrum over Lightning McQueen toy so had to carry him kicking and screaming into the car and back into the traffic - now rush hour proper.

Both children SCREAMED all the way home. My nerves are fucking shot. Toby is, as I type, screaming in the living room but I have to walk away or I might throw him out of the window.

Tomorrow we go on holiday. I can't fucking wait....or can I - imagining this in a small caravan.....ARGH!!!!

2 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Oh babe - I was going to ring you then I read this and thought you had enough on your plate!

Sorry the lads have been less than angelic but have a fab fab holiday and send us a postcard!

I am sure the sea air will knock them out at the end of the day and you and Rob can kick back and relax.

Happy Happy Holiday - and sorry we've been playing ansaphone tag, I've just been really crook.

xxx

zoe xx said...

Hope you are having a good holiday and a nice relax.