Sunday, June 10, 2007

Oscar the Klingon


We were back in Casualty last night. After bathtime...again. Oz was balancing on his little stepping stool before getting in the bath. And somehow keeled over sideways and headbutted the toilet.
Don't know if you can see from the pictures - he's got an enormous blue lump in between his eyebrows. It was MASSIVE last night -came up straight away. Rob was scared he'd broken his nose. He cried for about a minute then said he was ok. But was quite excited about going to Casualty as he remembered they had a toy kitchen in there and he wanted to cook us dinner.
Funnily enough we met some friends there - their little boy Sam, one of Oz's NCT best mates, had hurt his wrist. Obviously Casualty is the place to be on a Saturday night....we were in and out in about 40 minutes though - no breaks - just a nasty bruise.
Rob is trying to teach Oz to say "Kreplach" which is hello in Klingon because from the side, it really does look like one of their nose bumps.....
In other news...Toby's sleep has improved (thank god). He now only wakes once a night - sometimes at 3, sometimes as late as 5, last night at 12.30 but he still then sleeps on till about 6. Which is manageable. And I feel much better.
Monday last week was dreadful - had a really really bad day with Oscar and then Toby screamed until 9.30. I really wanted to run out of the house and never come back. A total low.
Each day has got progressively better. Thanks to Mum mainly - she took Toby out on Wednesday afternoon so Oz and I could have an afternoon to ourselves. Then she took Oz all afternoon on Thursday so I could have a rest-ish afternoon. I had an audition on Thursday morning too so she had Toby all morning.
I've got another audition tomorrow - there seems to be a sudden call for fat birds - but Rob has the day off so that's cool. I'm going to go up to town a bit earlier and have lunch. In peace.
I feel the need at the moment to have some child-free time. I'm never without one of them....and it's starting to do my head in. At this point most people go back to work......however (auditions pending) I have no work! But I need some ME time.....watch this space

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Oz - I hope he is quite proud of his Klingon Schnoz! GOOD LUCK tomorrow sal!!! Will be thinking of you all day and sending positive vibes!
Lots Uxxxx

Clare Griffiths said...

Good luck with the audition! And enjoy the "you" time, however short it is.

Anonymous said...

B.'s quite impressed with the Klingon. :) I'm impressed that Oz wanted to make dinner.

Thrilled to hear about the auditions,a nd the smidge of solo time!

I listened to your mix CD while I was packing today. :)

zoe xx said...

Wondered where you were - I'm finding it hard with two in terms of dividing my time and recovering from surgery, and I have the massive age gap that means I can actually explain to A what I expect from him! So (again) I take my hat off to you.

Good luck with the audition!

Unknown said...

Oh good luck honey, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

IKWYM about having zero me-time. Sonny is in bed at 7pm but T and R don't go until 9pm now so I only get about an hour me time. Once Sonny is 1 I'm thinking about swapping one of Sylvie's days so I get a day with her alone too but I couldn't imagine them both being away for the day. That would be so weird! I would feel I had to do housework or something!

Sasha said...

hope the audition went well honey. Ouch to poorly Oscar. Am soooooo with you on the time away without the kids. Justin been in Hong Kong for 10 days.......total hell. Is off to Oz in a few days for a week, then HK again. Doing my head in. I realised the other day he hasn't been alone with both kids ever! So today was going to be the day (he was unaware of my cunning plan)that he had both of them and I had a day to myself to chill. Then realised it is Father's Day. Arse, poo, bum.
I need some me time now!!!!
Lots of love, chocolate and crap magazines,
Sxxxxx