Monday, June 25, 2007

In which I am gainfully employed

I totally forgot to blog this....I got 2 job offers last week! Neither one from the auditions I had had unfortunately - but both a lot more secure and lucrative!

First - Tippee Toes - I've been to their classes - kind of like Monkey Music but more interactive. Set up by a mum of two who had been to lots of different classes but couldn't find one she liked - so she set up her own. My acting experience, plus Monkey Music teaching, means I can come on board as a teacher and best of all - take Toby with me. So he benefits, I don't have to earn a fortune to cover double childcare. Hoorah!

Second - South East Parenting Magazine - we used to advertise with them with the LAB - again, a business set up by a mum - Abigail a serious entrepreneur. She was looking for someone to do marketing and admin - since my other job when I wasn't acting was a full time temp - I've worked in many different areas including marketing before.

So two jobs! One which fulfills my creative urges - one which makes me use my brain for non-mummy things (though the magazine is about being a mummy).

And....this blog may get a mention in the magazine (gulp) so I might have to be a bit more interesting.....that's a challenge!

All is well today - Mondays are always exhausting. Went to a play place in the morning and the library in the afternoon - sorry to be predictable but this weather? Blimey....

Did a bit more blw with Toby - he had a biscuit - the Cow and Gate ones that are meant for older babies. He thoroughly enjoyed it. I really want to get some of those bikkipegs I think they're called - teething biscuits. He's really drooly - soaking through his tops - and desperate to chew anything. God help my nipples.......

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Congratulations! Sounds like two great jobs for you!

So long, farewell! said...

COngrats on the jobs!

Rox is teething too so we've have a river of drool the past few weeks. I gave her a Rusk to bite on and she loved it but then I'm a bad mother cos I've just found out they have crap loads of sugar....eeek. Oh well.

Good luck in your new roles.

BTW did you hear from the sexy Scottish man spin off?