Sunday, June 24, 2007

Another little movie

It's not as fancy as the others - I'm too tired...and hayfeverish -sneezing my arse off and it makes Toby jump when I'm feeding him....which is kind of funny in a sick mummy way.

I've been supermum today. Did the shopping at lunchtime without kids. Came home, unpacked, breastfed, made barbeque roast chicken with orzo and corn on the cob so we could all eat together, baked banana bread...cleaned the kitchen. I'm insane. We're trying a bit of baby led weaning with Toby - giving him proper food for him to gum and chew on - he had a bit of toast this morning, gummed some chicken tonight and also sucked on a bit of apple. Breastfed babies are supposed to be good at it as their jaws are so strong. And he's teething and desperate to chomp on things. And when I was eating toast this morning with him on my lap he was snatching it out of my hand and desperate to try it. They gag a bit. But that doesn't bother me. More info here. I'm not going to do it the whole hog - I'll still give him mush as I haven't got the patience - but like the idea of putting lots of bits and bobs in front of him and letting him help himself and feed himself....

I uploaded this little gem - mainly for my speech therapist sis to see Toby practising mouth movements. But also cos it's funny.


4 comments:

Clare Griffiths said...

aww! So cute! Looking forward to seeing the little man very soon.

Dixie said...

I could just eat him up with a spoon!

So long, farewell! said...

Bless his heart - he was telling a right tale there!

I'll get Rox to send him a Video Message soon - she's just a bit camera shy of late :o) (Or rather mummy has been too knackered!)


xxx

So long, farewell! said...

PS - let's have a proper natter before you start working all hours - we could even web cam it up if you like!

x