Monday, May 14, 2007

So much to say...

So little time......Peppa Pig is on TV and I have about 5 minutes before Oz wants my undivided attention again.....

Haven't been online for ages - been too damn tired. Toby's sleep is improving but he's still up twice a night. He's eating solids brilliantly - from 1 bowl of baby rice at night, he's now on a light lunch and then cauli and broccoli cheese for dinner followed by a petit filou! It is helping the sleep. But I think he was ready anyway - milk just doesn't seem to be enough for him anymore and he's always hungry. He's nearly sitting up on his own too now - comes from having such a fat bottom.

Oz is being his usual angel/demon self. We're potty training at the moment and it's doing my head in. He's doing brilliantly - no accidents so far this morning - but we stayed in all weekend to be near the potty and I can't bear it. I'm about to put a pull up on him and escape out. He can manage it really well - except when distracted or tired. I nearly killed him last night cos he thought it was really funny to hide under the kitchen table and pee. A lot. And then make his cars go in the puddle. Grrrrr.

I've had a nasty stomach bug - Rob had to take an afternoon off work as I was shivering in bed and couldn't do anything. Then the washing machine broke down and we found out our drains were blocked. So after spending all that money on me, I had to spend an equal amount on the house - which we haven't got. That'll teach me to do retail therapy. It's like one nice day followed by several shite ones......welcome to my life.

Rob is seriously stressed as his big project comes to fruition in the next few weeks - which means he'll be working late and at weekends for the next three weeks. So I'll have to work out how the hell I put both boys to bed - any ideas?

I have Oz 2 full days a week now - but luckily the nursery have moved my mornings so I have full days on Monday and Friday - nicely broken up for me to recover in between!

Ok - Peppa off - out we go - hope Oz doesn't wee in the car.....

2 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Hope you didn't have any wet pants in the car hun. I was going to ring you to prevent you going stir crazy but you have escaped into the sun I see!

Little sod peeing under the table and making his cars go through the car wash... remember 'this too shall pass'
xxx

zoe xx said...

Oh love - you remain my hero!

Are you looking after yourself properly? You're definitely doing the Mum Thing of taking care of everyone else's needs, how about yours? Food? Rest? (hah!)

In terms of the getting to bed thing - my thoughts are when it's my turn (oh please Dear God, let it be soon!) that A will be the priority - getting him ready, story etc. Once he is in safely I will sort the other one out. It's easier for me though because A is older - can wash himself/get the story book/hold it/ read it if necessary. Bathing together I assume is an option, getting O to help if he's in a good mood? Clutching at straws here, but someone will have really good advice in between.

Is O three in August (I think he is but my brain is scrambled egg at the moment)- cos then you're entitled to a nursery place paid for by the Govt, and this should be five sessions - then maybe you could have five sessions at school/pre-school and another couple of afternoons at your current nursery? He'd love it, and you would get more rest. I'm sure you already know, but now's the time to look into this and get it sorted. September's really not too far off!

Hope you're a bit less tired and feeling better - well done on Toby's eating/bfeeding!