Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Retail Therapy

After a tough few weeks with Toby and tiredness, and since Rob got a lovely bonus, I had some mad money today - went to Bluewater with Clare and had a thoroughly lovely day. It's my last Tuesday where Oscar will be at nursery all day - we can't afford it anymore so he's going to be with me all day Mondays and Fridays from now on, and at nursery Tues-Thurs mornings. I no longer have the luxury of a full day on my own with Toby - ah well.

So in honour of my last Tuesday we blew some money. I had my hair cut at Toni and Guys which took a large chunk of my money - but it's lovely...and the head massage and hair wash was worth the price alone! Bliss...


I wanted to cut it really short but the hairdresser thought that would look too severe and so she cut it into a much neater bob with lots of choppy layers to make it look thicker. Plus, as you can see, a fringe. I love it.
I also bought a funky top from my favourite boutique Nouveau Regarder or as you may know it, New Look. This is the pattern. It's one of those long smock tops - not the easiest thing to breastfeed in....but I love it! It's a very flattering style. And i love the colour - all pinks and purples. This isn't the best pic but it's a self portrait and I can't get far away enough!

I also bought myself a sweet treat - Rocky Road from Lakeland - outrageously expensive but delicious!

We had lunch at Pizza Express and it's been so long since I've been there they actually had pizzas I'd never heard of on the menu! I had a Parmense which was yummy...plus doughballs of course. And Pizza Express do the best diet coke as it's in glass bottles.....

I bought some Sushi from Yo! for my dinner to bring home.

So thoroughly spoilt and indulged all day. The babies were good, the company was good, the food was good, my hair was good. It was all good! And Oscar was quite good once he got home from nursery (he was supposedly a horror today so I'm glad they had him!)

Hoorah for pampering and spending money. Wish I could do it every week....or every month even!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds lush babe. Love having my hair done and getting some new clothes. Smocks rock ;0)