Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Poppy ROCKS!

I got the MOST AMAZING parcel today from Poppy and she's blown me away. It's perfect. It contains (and I wanted to take pics but my camera batteries are dead and I haven't any more - will get some and post later)

A stunning handmade blanket, part knitted, part quilted. It's gorgeous. Oscar was given a quilt when he was a baby and now Toby has his own heirloom blanket. The fact that Poppy made it herself makes it ultimately more precious. It's wonderful

Some fab books for Oz about baby brothers, a dinosaur sticker book (his 2 favourite things combined), some extra stickers, a mix cd for Oz, a mix cd for me (yay! Poppy has the best music taste), a cute onesie that says "party in my crib, 2am" - very appropriate (and yes it will fit him Pops), a huge stack of People Magazine (Sally's crack) and.....instead of packing materials or bubble wrap... .there's a whole bucket of Laffy Taffy in there! I think that was all the contents.

It was like christmas - I just kept pulling goodies out of there.

So all praise Poppy for her generosity, her uncanny ability to pick the BEST things for each member of the family. And even though she's selling her house, moving, looking after a 3 year old and doing every thing else she manages to do, making time for me. I feel so blessed to have you in my life Poppy. You're an angel.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Poppy does indeed rock, and always sends the best goodies :)

Dixie said...

Poppy's the greatest, ain't she? I can't wait to see pictures of the blanket.

Anonymous said...

Aw. :) It only took me three months to get my act together and get it mailed to you!

Sal and Kristina, I mailed your packages the same day, two weeks ago. I stopped at the post office on my way to catch a train to Sedalia. The post office was insanely busy, and I just knew I was going to be late for my train. I dumped Kristina's stuff in the automated mail machine and filled out that customs form at breakneck speed. Not only did I get done in time, I had time to literally run to the Starbucks two doors down from the post office before catching my train.

I posted pictures of the blanket on my Flickr account a few weeks ago, when I finished it. You can see it here and here. The backing fabric is based on "hey diddle diddle/the cat and the fiddle".

So glad you loved it, Sal! It was a joy to put it together for you and your sweet family.

EG said...

Aww, what about Rob, or are you going to share your Laffy Taffy Sal?

Wow that blanket's amazing! My aunties a quilter, even dragged my Uncle round all the quilting shops in New Zealand on their holiday!

Lucky you Sal having such lovely friends, Love from one of them!

Ess. x

Sasha said...

Awwwww, we all need a Poppy in our lives! How fab. Always always wanted to try Taffy ever since Ross ate it on Friends!!!!
Sxx