Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hello!

Sorry you can't see pics of the car...they obviously took it off the dealer's website cos they sold it to me!

Here is the newly christened Jeremiah JoyJoy the Renault on our front drive.




The colour is Dune - it's a light sparkly green. I love it. And I love the central locking, electric windows, power steering, storage, electric sunroof, enormous boot, electric side mirror adjustors (only found those today) but most of all I love the HEIGHT. I can see so much better and for the first time in 4 months my back isn't aching from loading the boys in and out. The name? Well...I'm trying to blame Oscar but I really came up with it with his help....the reg says JO 2Y in it - Joy two.....joy to.....the world....all the boys and girls...Jeremiah was a bullfrog (one of my fave songs) and Joyx2 = joyjoy. Ergo - Jeremiah JoyJoy. I really like it. I know naming your car is naff. But I don't care. My first Rover was called Duffy HotPants. (Reg was DHP). The Volvo was Sherman (the tank - and the reg was SHE) so I'm always inspired by my plate...and JJJ is what we came up with. I don't talk to my car so I'm not totally bonkers.....I do stroke this one every day though cos i LOVE it!

The nightmare journey was worth it....SO worth it.

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while - combination of Toby suddenly being a nightmare to put down at night - last night he screamed for an hour and a half and nothing we did would sooth him - and Kirsti being here. Toby's sleep is also just as bad - there have been 2 good nights in the last week when he slept until 2 and then woke up around 4, then 5, then awake proper at 6. That's a good night. Trying him on a bottle tonight again - a different teat so maybe he'll take it.

K went home today. I knew Oscar would be sad but I'm really sad too - really miss her company. We had such fun. Going to Japanese restaurants, having an adventure up in town so she could go to Bravissimo, I wouldn't have got through the weekend trip without her. And she's so generous with her time and her attention - Oscar had the best playmate...but I also had cups of tea made for me, my kitchen was sparkling. She's an angel and I miss her already and she only left this morning. I do feel quite depressed. Which is silly cos I know I've got a fab new car and all and life is generally good. But I will miss her a lot.

Rob was on telly a lot yesterday - on Sky News and CNN - talking about that planet they discovered. And he got his payrise info today - very good news- he's earnt it I tell you....I promptly went on Ebay and started bidding on this....I'm so naughty. But I bought a really nice tunic type top at Hennes this week (with Kirsti's encouragement) and it was a bit of a breakthrough for me....

I have put on weight since I had Toby. And I've been beating myself up about it, feeling guilty and eating because I felt bad and then repeating that crappy cycle - which is insane. And I've been so tired too - which makes me comfort eat. But this top from Hennes - it's gorgeous - very 70's print - but very flattering even though it's a big smock one. And I felt fantastic in it. So fuck it if I'm a size 20-22. Kirsti brought me a couple of tops from my favourite shop in the US. Which make me feel good. This top with my black jeans makes me feel good. And if I feel good I won't obsess about what I'm eating.

I joined the gym. Did 24 lengths with Clare this morning - 4 more than last week - and I've got aquafit tomorrow. I'm going to do the gym induction next week and do a session on the bike every week. So that, combined with easing up on myself and not reaching for the family sized Dairy Milk should make a difference.

So there - all caught up. Sorry for not being around or commenting or anything. I'm so tired! I keep saying that....but I am! Ursula - thank you for the vouchers and yes please - we must meet up soon (I only have 2 Tuesdays left of Oz at nursery though so get in there quick). Roxabella - thank you for Toby's postcard. He said to tell you he'll write back as soon as he can nick enough money out of my purse to buy you a beautiful card.

Big love to everyone out there. Your comments keep me going some days you know...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Twinnie, Nice Car!!!

Not a 1959 Cadillac softop in red, the perfect partner of course, but nice nevertheless.

Clare Griffiths said...

Hope the bottle experiment worked and you managed to get a bit more sleep. It makes such a huge difference.

The car is awesome. I really want a new car now, but Mike won't let me!! I'm going to keep working on it though.

Al said...

I'm just catching up with the goings on and will probably end up losing my comment because I haven't been on blog spot for ages and have no idea what email I used, password etc!

Great about the car. And it's funny about Rob being on the tele because last week Stephen was channel hopping and I was in the bath and he yelled at me that he was sure Rob was on the news and I yelled back "nah, he barely comes out the garden shed I doubt he'll be brave enough to go on the tele". But then what is it they say about everyone having their 15 minutes of fame.... even the shy ones!

Love that top! And it's not like it broke the bank and you'll get lots of wear out of it - you'll have to wear it to Jack's b'day party! Perhaps you should watch that Gok Wan programme tonight on at 8 on channel 4 I think, where he gets body conscious women to love their bodies etc no matter what their size. To be honest I can't see you as a size 12, I don't think it would suit you and as long as you are generally healthy then your size shouldn't matter.

Alx

p.s. Susannah due next week!!

Anonymous said...

Hey gorgeous,

Have been singing this song all week now - my nephew thought it was hilarious and is trying to keep up!

Great car, great bod, great boobs xxx Pearl