Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Thank you

for all the comments on my previous post/rant. It meant a lot to feel like I'm not insane - and especially since most of the comments are from mums of two or more (Clare I don't know how you do it - you either Kel - more than 2? bonkers!)

It's ironic isn't it. Everyone said it's easier second time around but I'm making it harder for myself. I've tried to ease up today - fed him when he wanted feeding, let him sleep when he wanted (not that he wanted to sleep much). He's still being a real limpet - I have him in the sling most of the day as he seems to settle when he's next to me. Though there were periods when he was happy on his changemat.

I think I'm just really tired and getting neurotic a bit. So thank you for the reassurance. I'm sure I'll get my head round it soon and stop worrying.

Sigh

It's hard isn't it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya hon!
Sorry I only just saw your previous entry! Big big hugs your way, I went through exactly the same thing particularly as Jove was such a differant baby to Jaya. Hang on in there....and step away from the Gina Ford! If you read any book try The No Cry Sleep Solution which worked forus and felt far more natural. I can let you have my copy if you like. In fact that book recommends not trying to change anything until your baby is at least 4 months old so you realy shouldn't be worying about it. Thinking of you, you're in the toughest bit right now, it will get easier.

EG said...

Loads of hugs for you hun, Jemma's right, chuck Gina in the bin, just take Toby's lead for now. I love the pics of him, he pulls some really comical faces doesn't he! Hugs and kisses for you and the boys. Ess. X

zoe xx said...

Are you eating properly? Breastfeeding is completely knackering, and you do need to make sure that you are looking after yourself!