Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday

Hello! Not posted much this week have I...still haven't found the bloody camera.....will have another look today.

So - I'm really enjoying this week - nice and quiet with Oz at nursery and time for me and Toby to bond and relax....and go out a lot! He's such a sweet baby at the moment. He rarely cries...he's starting to settle more at night.

Night before last he went to sleep at 11 and I had to wake him at 4.30am to feed as my boobs were about to burst! That's the longest he's slept and therefore I've slept since he was born. He feeds constantly in the evenings - from about 9 till 11 if I'd let him - but I don't mind (although my nipples get a bit sore). It's a technique I wanted to do anyway - the Baby Whisperer recommends it - tanking them up! Feed em like mad in the evening and they'll sleep better. It worked the night before last - last night wasn't as good but he still only woke twice and went straight back to sleep after an hour of sucking. He does take so much longer than Oscar ever did!

We went to Bromley yesterday - wandered around - I bought a bluetooth headset for my phone and got a coffee in Starbucks. He was admired by several old ladies, two of whom thought he was a girl (should I worry?).

I'm really loving this time. Next week will be more chaotic as I'll have Oscar part of the time as he goes back to his nursery normal days. (all day Tuesday, Weds-Fri mornings).

Right - should go give my son attention - he's been lying happily on a towel on the kitchen counter for nearly an hour! I made breakfast, did a wash, finished all the 8 things about you comments, emailed and did this....I should go and cuddle him!

No comments: