Thursday, February 15, 2007

Oscar's first scar

We just got back from Casualty....Oscar was jumping in the bath and slipped - banged his chin on the edge of the bath and it cut open. Really deep. About 1cm long.

After a 2 hour wait they used glue to join it back together again. We had to hold him down - both Rob and I - while they did it. Again I was in tears.....

I better get used to it with 2 boys...but it breaks your heart. He was so brave bless him......

I was supposed to be out with the girls at my fave Japanese Restaurant....ah well. Best laid plans and all...

Still no news on Moxie btw......I'm off to bed now so will post in the morning if when I hear, if I hear. Spookily enough my friend Nicky who isn't due for 2 weeks went into labour this morning and had her girl by lunchtime (it's her second). My heart aches for Mox - hope she's pushing that little girl out right now.

5 comments:

Sasha said...

Oh God, we've done the holding down a wriggling, screaming boy in casualty too whilst they stitch them up.....poor you. Poor Oscar too, but that memory stays with you. He'll forget it....until the next time!
Sending Moxie Moo lots and lots of labour ending vibes..........
Sxxx

Nic said...

Oh no poor Oscar and you and Rob. I bet he is back on top form and jumping again tonight! I just read this out to Michael because bathnight when he is in charge is rather lively and I always worry that we are going to end up with a blood-coloured bath.
Hope you are all ok this morning.
Nic
xx

Unknown said...

Poor Oz.
I know that feeling too. I had t leave room in the end when the put a drip on Ruby when she was 1. I can't remember how many nurses it took to hold her down but it was alot.
Like Sasha says, he's forgotten already but you will always remember.

First scar eh?
Thats pretty hardcore for a 2 yr old.
Congrats to Oscar ;)
Hugs to mummy xxx

Anonymous said...

Poor little Oscar! Poor Mummy too. Mind you - he'll forget it quicker than you! Hope you get your evening out in due course. love Uxx

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, poor Oz, poor you!

Lots of healing vibes for the poor boy's chin! My brother has a scar in the same place and you can barely see it with his head down. He can't grow a beard though as he gets a bald patch there!