Thursday, February 08, 2007

Confessions of a BAD mother....

I'm naughty. Tomorrow I've got Oz in nursery ALL day instead of the half day. My reason?

So I can go to the cinema with Toby! The Big Scream is something I used to do with Oz all the time - it's a special screening for mums and babies under 1 at picturehouse cinemas. I went a lot but it used to be in Brixton which was a treck for us...now they do it at Greenwich, where Rob works - 10 minute drive way and plenty of parking.

BUT - it's at 11.30 on a Friday. I have to pick Oz up at 1pm on a Friday...so it means I can't go normally.

BUT...sod it. I've had a tough week. Dreamgirls is on and I really want to see it. And I miss the cinema. So I'm going. Ya boo sucks to being a perfectly lovely mummy.

9 comments:

Kristina said...

Bad? Nah...enjoy your time! ;)

Bec said...

I took Jayden to the cinema when he was a few weeks old. They don't do special screenings here but they let him in as long as he behaved! He did thankfully.
Hope you enjoy the film tomorrow and don't feel guilty about Oz, you deserve to see a film now and then!
Bec x

Anonymous said...

That is not being a bad mummy - that is being a sensible mummy. Happy mummy makes for happy kids and if a trek to the cinema keeps you happy go for it! You deserve a break - don't be so hard on yourself. And remember all those alleged 'Pefect mummies' have nannies, cooks, cleaners and all the rest - they're not perfect - they're fake! You however, are a lovely mummy for all the right reasons. p.s. don't forget the popcorn! Ux

EG said...

Aww what a lovely way to spend your day, I hope you had a lovely time. The last time I went to the pictures was to see 'Over The Hedge'. I can't remember the last time I went to see a grown up film!

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

You are not a bad mother. You are recharging your batteries is all. Dreamgrils is great you will ove it.

Bobbie said...

Not at all - you're a v. sane mother. Enjoy! x

Dixie said...

A happy mummy is always a better mummy - and you're a great mummy! I'm glad you treated yourself to a trip to the cinema.

Sasha said...

Hey woman, a relaxed, happy mummy is the best mummy, so time away is actually being a very sensible mummy! Yay! what a fab idea...oh how would I love that! Really want to see Dreamgirls, but not put off it cos of Eddie Murphy being a barsteward as regards leaving pregnant women! Mad reasoning I know!!! Just humour me!
Enjoy it all and don't forget the popcorn and Westler hotdog....do they still do those back home?
Bite after bite.....
Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

You couldn't be a bad mum if you tried with all you might, Sal. I think giving Oz a full day at the nursery and taking some time for yourself is just about the best parenting move a mom can make! I hope you had a great time! I'm really sorry that this past week has been so rough for you.

Clara Jane loved the most recent Toby photos. She just grins her face off when she sees him.