Thursday, January 04, 2007

Insomnia

I've been awake since 4am this morning when Oz woke up with a nightmare.....just can't get back to sleep. It's now 6.20 am so there's not much point. Combination of indigestion, wiggly baby, whizzy head and snoring husband. I got up - came downstairs and had a drink and read my book. Went back to bed. Got up again. Went back to bed again. Then I gave up. I got dressed and here I am.

Got a headache now too. I'll take Oscar to nursery this morning then come back and try and sleep again.

So....realised I hadn't updated as to the baby arrival situation. It's not this Friday. I'm going in on Sunday night and will be sectioned (lol) on Monday morning. I've got a midwife appointment this afternoon where she's going to go through what will happen etc. I've definitely told her to skip the induction bit - not even go there. So I'll post later if I'm still conscious......and let you know more.

Rob has an email notification list I made with everyone I could think of on it, but I'm sure through various blogs etc. you'll find out how it went. All going well, Baby Boy will be here in the morning and Rob will email that evening. I'm hoping to be out of hospital as soon as possible. I'm thinking Thursday at the latest (unless there are any complications).

I'm scared. I admit it. The most important thing for me is that I get my baby straight away. I gave birth to Oz at 2am on a Tuesday morning but didn't get to hold him until lunchtime on the Friday as he had a pneumothorax and ended up in SCBU. So any scenario where they don't take my baby off me will be a success and that's what I'm hoping for.

My brain feels so fuzzy. Wish I could have got back to sleep......

5 comments:

EG said...

(((Sally))) You'll be absolutely fine, I can't wait for my email on Monday! Please can you also remind Rob to put a piccie on it!?!? Hope you manage to get some rest, sending you loads of love and hugs. Ess. XX

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - I was wondering if I logged on that there might be an announcement - thank goodness there is - now I can be thinking of you and sending healthy baby thoughts. Loved the bump and Oscar pics too - really blooming you are!
So, feet up, try and relax (I know, cliche after cliche) and enjoy the peace such as it is - I'll see you in February as a new family of 4!!!!!

Dixie said...

Your sweet baby will be here in just a few days! If I'm this excited, I can't even imagine how you're feeling.

Can't wait to get the news that he's arrived. Hope it all goes more smoothly than you can imagine!

Bobbie said...

V. exciting stuff. Will be thinking of you on Monday. Good luck with it all - bet you can't wait to meet your little bubba!

Unknown said...

OOOh wonderful. Cant wait to hear the good news Sal. Best of luck with the section. My best friend is having hers Monday too so a nail biting day all round for me!! :))