Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's embarrasing but....

I've been meaning to confess this for ages.....

Ever since "
How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria" and the first series of Dr Who, i've had a seriously huge lustcrush on John Barrowman.


Now the man has been knocking around on British Tv and Theatre for ages....from doing naff Live and Kicking stuff to singing and dancing. And he's never appealed. But Captain Jack on Dr Who...and when he snogged the finalists on Maria....he's suddenly incredibly sexy. And I've got dreams to prove it. Phew.

Imagine my surprise when someone mentioned a while ago that he was gay. Now I read Heat magazine every week. I read showbiz gossip on the internet. I consider myself to have a finger on the pulse of celeb life....but I had NO idea! Honest! I feel like an imbecile!

I didn't believe it. Until he started mincing about with Simon Amstell on Nevermind the Buzzcocks the other week.

I'm absolutely devastated. I mean I should have guessed. He's GORGEOUS. He's funny. He's sexy. He sings showtunes for chrissake. But I had no no clue....

Is it just me? Am I seriously being blonde here?

Still a girl can dream.......

**((edited to add....Moxie - go easy on the pisstaking....))**

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew but Im not sure how. I think his partner may have been referred to as a 'he' on This Morning or some such prog. It didn't come as a shock though really. Did you see him on the Audience with Take That?

This post is funny because I was going to do a post on my new celebrity crush. I will wait a day or two before revealing all but I think I may keep it for my private Vox blog. I am seriously beginning to doubt my feeling for Jim to have such a strong crush...

Anonymous said...

Now I'm the same as Kel - knew he was gay but can't recall how I know.
But then he is a fine looking man AND I'll bet he's very clean - me? stereotype people? Never!

Miss you more....

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Sal - NMTB was quite a revelation and consequently a sad day.. but hey - he's still gorgeous....
ux

Anonymous said...

No, it's not embarassing at all - I think he's absolutely gorgeous, and I was very cross that he was gay (because otherwise I would, of course, have a real chance with him...) I love him on everything - Dr Who, Maria and of course, the wonderful Torchwood, where I am disturbed to admit, I enjoy watching him snog other boys...

He is gorgeous and sexy and you should be out and proud... a bit like John himself

Anonymous said...

AHA! I knew he was gay as he said so on Jonathan Ross.. still its ok to fancy him I suppose!! lol ;)

Unknown said...

When he was in Dancing on Ice there was a lot of mention of his partner!
:-)