Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Goodbye John...hello Jude

It must be pregnancy hormones. Last week I was lusting after Signor Barrowman...today I saw The Holiday and now have a huge roaring crush on Jude Law!! Now I've never seen the appeal before - seen him in quite a few things but he always came across as quite weedy. And a tad slimey.

But in The Holiday - ohmigod. His character is swoonsome - the ideal romantic man - charming, self deprecating, gorgeous (especially in his glasses) and totally unexpectedly wonderful- I won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet but it's a perfect chick christmas flick. And he and Cameron Diaz have very good chemistry.


It felt quite decadent to go to the cinema on a Tuesday afternoon - Julie and I went as the LAB wasn't on this week as we closed for christmas and this was our christmas treat.

My only problem with the film - Cameron and Jude were like the "beautiful" couple -and Kate Winslet and Jack Black were the frumpy but nice couple - Kate Winslet - Frumpy? I'm sorry - she's just as glam and gorgeous as Cam.....

But it's a fabulous feelgood film. Oz was at nursery all day so I had a lovely time (I'm such a bad mother). Spent the morning in Ikea with Mum buying amazing accessories for the bathroom, then met Julie for lunch and movies, quick stop at Starbucks for my eggnog latte and picked Oz up from nursery. Then Rob was home 3o minutes later.

Oscar is currently being bathed - like the used to be as a baby - in the baby bath in front of the fire in the living room. He sits in it like a chair now and Rob has taught him to say "bring me my pipe and slippers". Then he was lying barenekkid on a towel in front of the fire - so so cute. I couldn't find the blasted camera or I'd have bored you with shots - I'll try and find it and take some tomorrow.

Portaloo is still in place. Bucket worked a treat (Rob emptied it for me this morning - that's love that is). It's bloody cold though using it this evening - and still surreal having a pee when you can hear people walking on teh pavement 10 feet away.....bathroom progress has been made - the toilet soil pipe has been moved and the toilet is in there - not plumbed in yet but I think they're working as fast as they can to get it plumbed in.

On the downside they discovered our central heating pump is on the verge of collapse so we need a new one - rather found that out now than when it failed when the baby was here - but an expensive addition. (Not that I'm paying for it thanks to my amazing parents).

My amazing parents have also decided to fork out an extra few quid so I can have a pump installed to give me a superamazing power shower - I had a shower at Mum's this morning and it was so wonderful it made my whole head zing - and so Mum rang the builder and got him to get one for my bathroom.

I'm so damn lucky. I know. I appreciate them I really do. I sound like a spoilt princess don't I - and I suppose in a lot of ways I am.

So here's to amazing folks, amazing hubby, cute kids and Jude Law....what a combo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was supposed to see The Holiday last Friday, but my car died :( And I was to chauffeur a good friend of mine whose car also died (hers for real, mine is at least able to be fixed), but alas our fun night out at the movies was not to be. Maybe I'll get to see it this weekend before I go. Sounds like all is well despite having to waz out in the cold, haha. See you next week!

Dixie said...

It's Jude Law's voice that gets me all weak.

You're going to have such a spendid bathroom when all this work is finished.

Anonymous said...

No, No, No, I just can't find it in me at all to agree re Jude Law. He meets my usual criteria including slight speech impediment but nope, sorry!
On the other hand I agree, Rob is TRULY an amazing man - I really don't think Clive would empty a bucket of my pee!
YAY to fab parents - you so deserve it, you're a wonderful human being - what's not to spoil?
xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I had to have a wee bucket when we lived in clacton, we had a downstairs bathroom so didn't have time to get there when I was pg, except I had to empty it! I'm with Lesley on Jude Law, not my cup of tea, but I'm so envious of your new bathroom - I'm also with Lesley on the fact that you truly deserve a good pampering!

Ooh, and guess what I'm eating at the moment - Beef Jerky, from Sainsburys!

Ess. x

Anonymous said...

Sorry, just have to say OMG where is the time going and how ruddy exciting about Oz being a big bro soon!!!
Yay to him being back in the baby bath, cute cute cute! Def need photos and a video of his Noel Coward impression!
So no to Jude. Sorry must be your hormones. Wasn't ever a fan, but really became a non Jude person when he turned out to be a serial adulterer. Ugh ugh ugh.
Here's to having a lovely bathroom v soon! What fab parentals you and your sis have!
Love Sx