Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Oscar's new favourite song.....

I have been so fed up with listening to nursery rhymes so I've been introducing show tunes to my son (Rob says I'm corrupting him). We've listened to the soundtrack of HAIR a few times (with me quickly forwarding the CD when songs like "Sodomy" come on) and this week we have been mostly listening to the soundtrack of Chicago - the movie one....

Oscar LOVES "If You're Good to Mama" and insists on having it on permanent repeat....and he sings along to it. Should I worry? It's more innuendo than rudeness....and I think he thinks it's a song about mummies......

Makes me laugh anyway.

In other news...he slept in his bed. 2 nights in a row!! He's a big boy. We didn't make it for this lunchtime's nap - he ended up in his cot again - but we're getting there.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the mother of a child who loves the Scissor Sisters and Razorlight (favourite moment "Cos you're filthy/mmmm and I'm gorgeous" at 90 decibels in the butchers) I say let 'em learn the grown up songs. Although I draw the line at Sodomy. A bit harder to explain at Sainsburys. Also Black Boys. But the rest - go for it!

*gliddy glub gloopy, nibby nabby nooby. lalalalaloooooooo*

Nic said...

What a plan. I am fed up with sodding children's tapes in the car. Chicago, now that sounds better.
Well done with sleeping in your big bed Oscar!!
xx

Dixie said...

I love the idea of Oscar learning show tunes! Brilliant idea!

Anonymous said...

LOL, they always go for the inappropriate choice! LJ's fave of the moment is still Voodoo Child which is much more preferable to Wheels on the Bus! Haha! How's your kitchen now? Still sparkly and gorgeous?

Anonymous said...

Me and Rubes sing show tunes!!! Current favs our from My Fair Lady.

"Just you wait Enry Iggins, just you wait!" and

"Wooouldn't it be laverly"

I tired of 'Wind the bobbin up' approx 8 years ago!

LOVE the image of Oz singing chicago tunes. Poor Rob, hehe.

Anonymous said...

How funny!! Can just picture him singing along!

My two just headbang and jump up and down like they belong in a mosh pit!!

Annie said...

Sal I think it's adorable that Oscar sings "Mamma"! I just saw the stage presentation and it's been running through my head for weeks now!

The Bean has always listened to grown-up music. He absolutely loves rap-- though we only listen to "socially conscious" rap, no T&A music here (ugh, we're so snobbish, eh?) he just loves the hard pounding beat.

He's recently taken a liking to James Taylor and Jimmy Buffett too!

Good job on the big boy bed to Mr. Oscar.