Thursday, November 09, 2006

Not your average chain letter

I got a fab email from a stonecutter pal today - a recipe exchange. There were two names on it - hers second and another in position one - you send a recipe to the person on position 1, then forward it to ten friends - putting the sender's name at No 1 and yours at No 2. Easy peasy. And then you get recipes by email! They send it to 10, putting your name at No 1 and the recipes roll in.

I've already had 6 come in and I only forwarded it this morning! I've never done a recipe exchange before and am really enjoying this. It was hard to pick just 10 friends to do it so I may do another one. Or see if I get it back from mutual friends.....it's been really lovely.

So if I sent it to you - thank you for continuing it on - I don't forward chain letters but this was such fun!

Oz has been an angel today - this afternoon anyway (he was at nursery this morning). We went to Tescos and he helped me with the shopping. I'm so tired now though....I'm typing this on the laptop as he watches Harry and his bucket full of Dinosaurs - he's entering a dinosaur fetish I think (Oscar, not Harry).

He's been talking to my bump today. He likes the name Freddie today...though he still thinks we should call it Baby. By the time it's born, he'll probably want to call it Stegosaurus.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! I'm so glad you weren't angry at getting a chain letter. But, I had a feeling that even if you didn't want to do it you wouldn't be upset- you're a geat sport! Hope you got some good recipes!

Annie

Nic said...

I am still waiting for my recipes to come flooding back to me.....
I have just noticed that Harry is on TV. Jack and Lou love the books so we might have to watch that.
Nic
xx

Anonymous said...

The recipe exchange idea is great - I've had about 5 back now too and there's some lovely ones I can't wait to try! I once had an actual chain recipe 'letter' in the days of yore, before we all had computers! It was for a type of yeast cake which we had to 'grow' for what seemed like weeks before it was ready. Wonder if that one is still doing the circuit?

Anonymous said...

Dear Sally,
I just wanted to share. I did the "Sally Needs" on google and got your blog! My Name is also Sally and Iam in CA. If you want to check out my blog it is on Livejournal. It is Rosered32. Just thought I would share the humor!
And your kids are very cute also!
Have a lovely day!
~Sally Rose

Sasha said...

I fear Finn maybe entering the dinosaur phase.........he is not allowed though as we have spent all our money on bloody dig dig stuff! And there is no room anyway.......!
Love the name Feddie. Was high on our list.
Must get ass in gear and reply to the recipe e-mail!
LOVE TO BUMP!
Sxxxxxxxx

Beege said...

What? You mean "stegosaurus" wasn't on your short list?! ;)

So, sweet Sal, can you remind me again of your due date? Is it early January?