Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy pootling....

It's my first official morning "off". Dropped Oscar to nursery at 8...dropped Rob to the station at the same time....and came home to my empty house. All mine until 1 when I pick Oz up again. It's my replacement's first day of Monkey Music and I have been sending her good vibes.

But I'm loving this!!! I've gently tidied the kitchen up a bit..just pottering and pootling around...no rush at all. The plumber came round to look at my bathroom- don't know if I mentioned this but I'm getting the best ever Christmas present from my parents this year - a brand new bathroom - our current one has a teeny bath and hideous enormous sink....it's awful. I haven't had a decent bubble bath for 4 years....and that's my addiction - my main way to relax - a candlelit bath.....

I didn't realise but we'll probably have to move in with Mum when they do it (don't know if she realised that either!). But it's going to be amazing. And done before Christmas.

So a pleasant half hour discussing bath options, towel rails, tiling...fantasising about a huge deep wide bath.....

Now I'm pottering again....tidying up in the front room - the window cleaner has just been. I'm going to stop and have a cup of tea in about half an hour...

And I've got the same tomorrow....and Friday....and every week until 2Bee arrives.

NEVER thought I'd be a happy housewife....but it's nice to have some time - no pressure -no rushing to get cleaning done before Oscar wakes up or anything....no pressure to get it done today as I've got tomorrow and Friday morning....just ME time....something I haven't had during the day for ages......

Thank you for all your comments with the names by the way - REALLY useful. It was my shortlist - Rob hadn't vetoed any as such but he didn't really love them all - and there were so many! It was a very big short list. We've narrowed it down to three....that we both love. And this is what will stay I think until we meet the little man himself and decide what he looks like. Then we may call him something totally different (Oscar was never on our shortlist)

So - it's either Benedict....Stanley....or Freddie. I love them all but am veering towards Stanley - Stan the Man......and Freddie works with our surname quite nicely. Though I love Ben too, Rob's sister has a Ben so the other two are out in front. My mother HATES Stanley. But then she hated Oscar as a name too......

I'll probly change my mind again before January - but it's closing in - can't BELIEVE where the time has gone. Bump is getting bigger by the day and is starting to be uncomfortable...i'd forgotten that heavy pulling feeling on the sides of your stomach - very crampy. My boobs have started to get sore again as they're gearing up to the final stages - again I'd forgotten about that....I'm officially on the home stretch now - third trimester.....

So there you go - you can tell I've got time cos that's the longest post I've done for ages. I'll probably spend more time online this week - but have rationed myself to email check and blog this morning as I want to tidy up and clean my pit of a house. So more tomorrow.

Just feeling so smiley this morning I had to share the love. Hope you're all smiling too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for pottering! Hurrah for new bathrooms too :o)

Love the names you have settled on - enjoy the rest of your peacefilled morning!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Fab news about the bathroom! We did the bathroom first in this house and it made the biggest differance. I used to shut myself in there and wallow and forget what the rest was like!

ove your final list of names. Stanley is deffo my favourite though, I don't know why but "Stanley Edwards" sounds like the kind of person who could do anything!

Lots of love your way, you deserve that relax, I will reply to your email soon, sorry so crap!

Anonymous said...

Loving Stanley - actually thought of Fred in the car this morning and meant to email you about it!
Love and miss you....lots

EG said...

Wow you lucky thing getting a new bathroom! No wonder you're smiling! I'm dead chuffed Stanley is in your shortlist, it's ace! Look forward to getting to chat on a regular basis again!
E. x

Dixie said...

Oh yay! A new bath! You lucky, lucky girl! And yay for having some quiet time to get things done around the house.

I think Stanley's a brilliant name.

Beege said...

Isn't it great?

Since leaving work, we've pulled Nea out of dayschool most days, but she still goes Tuesdays and Thursdays. She loves it so much, and I love the chance to stay home and putter about. :)

Anonymous said...

Well you know Stanley was my fav and one of my top names but wasn't allowed (Boooo) so LOVE it!!!!

We are middle of having our bathroom done!!! Just painted and diff shelves etc..but cant wait. I would love a huge bath though. We have a basic one.

Lovely to hear you sound so chipper! :)

Sasha said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh to a new bathroom....kitchen and bathroom are the only rooms I really want to be nice iykwim.
Love Stanley and Freddie. Tilly was possibly gonna be a Freddie. Freddie Edwards sounds tops. Love the name game!
Also loving Oscar's new bed....hmmmm wonder if our IKEA sells them??
Wow to 3rd trimester already.....scary stuff how quickly times goes now.
Yay to pottering....my fav pastime....thing of the past now though!
Much love as always and tummy tickles
Sxxxx

Anonymous said...

Great shortlist Sal and good idea to wait till you meet the little man before deciding, makes it much more exciting and personal doesn't it. WOW! To getting a new bathroom, and in time for Xmas too - how fab. I'm sure your mum will love looking after you whilst it's being done!