Friday, October 27, 2006

Offline!


In case you were wondering why I've gone all quiet it's cos our modem has packed up - I'm currently at my Mum's on her computer....

Rob has had the week off and we've been converting the spare (dumping) room into Oscar's new bedroom. We got his new bedroom stuff on Monday on a family outing to Ikea - great fun - Mum came too and we got all sorts of lovely things for his room including this bed:


He LOVES it. Loves the ladder - loves what he calls the "tent" on top. Rob and I spent the week sorting stuff as we'd been using the spare room as a place to keep all of Oscar's old clothes in bags - now sorted into age range for 2Bee. Rob reorganised the loft. We took a lot of stuff to charity shops and have a lot of rubbish out front of our house. If only they did Yard Sales in the UK!

Anyway - part of the sort was to move the office furniture downstairs - including the computer. We unplugged it - moved it down - re-hooked it up and the modem wouldn't work. Tried everything. Nada. Rang the helpdesk -they talked me through tons of stuff - then sent me a new modem. Which arrived this morning. Still no joy. I've tried it in 3 different phone points but it isn't connecting. NO idea why. So I'm offline (and well pissed off) until I can work it out.

I haven't got long here at Mums but will try and catch up - I know so much will have been going on on my friends' blogs and I miss my daily fix!

All is well at our house though - got told off by the midwife this week cos I'm losing weight (not eating enough) - my blood sugars still aren't right but I've got to eat more carbs and stop skipping meals. Baby is fine, bp is fine - all is well.

Right - Oscar is asleep upstairs, Rob and I are off out to my favourite japanese/chinese restaurant for the cheap as chips all you can eat £10 buffet. Will try and post when I can but don't know when it will be.....

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Love Oscar's new bed. I would have loved one like that when I was a kid.

Beege said...

Linnea has an Ikea bed too! Only hers is wrought iron with a rainbow canopy. She loves it.

In fact, when I asked her if she would mind sharing her room if a new baby came to live at our house, she quite cheerfully agreed, but then said very firmly, "But NOT my bed. And NOT my rainbow." Once assured that the bed and the rainbow were hers, and that the baby would have it's own bed, she was fine.