Thursday, October 05, 2006

I'm a brave girl

I injected myself with insulin today. Saw the midwife and got all the gumph. It is a pen but it still looks like a needle. I have to push it in to my thigh, press the plunger and wait for 3 seconds. It took me a while to pluck up the courage to do it but I did it and it was ok. Well it wasn't. But I'll manage.

I only have to do it once a day at night. And I have to eat more often cos I'm not eating enough (SO unlike me!).

My bp was perfect, I'm measuring exactly where I should be and the heartbeat was fine - baby kicked a lot too which you could hear really clearly!

So all is well. I've got my head around the insulin and the planned caesar if it happens. I'm never going to feel blase about stabbing myself in the leg, despite how small the needle is. But I'm going to put my big girl panties on and deal.

10 comments:

EG said...

Wow you are brave! Jade has an Epipen, just for precaution with her milk allergy and they do look scary! Glad all is well with 2bee! Love to you all, E. x

Anonymous said...

Well done for being brave and injecting babe - we'll have you starring in the stage version of Trainspotting yet!

So sorry you have to do this but it's not for long now eh?

Glad 2b is kicking nicely - I have a little one here doing the same and saying hello to Aunty Sal :o)

Sending hugs

xxx

Dixie said...

I'm proud of you. It's scary to get jabbed when someone else is doing it...it's even weirder feeling when you have to do it yourself.

Anonymous said...

Aw honey well done! You're a braver girl than I am. Don't worry it won't be long and it will be worth it :)

Anonymous said...

Welldone Sal - brave girl. As everyone says - not for long now. Imagine you are a fairy and your pen is actually your magic wand - it's not insulin - it's pure magic...which when 2Bee turns up - it will be :-) Ux

Anonymous said...

Hey honey,

Had a blood test yesterday and went all scared when I saw the 12 year old boy who was about to take my blood, and was still a bit shaken even when he did a good job!

Being brave isn't the absence of fear, but the doing it in spite of the fear - so you are a very brave girl!

Love you lots xxx Pearl

Clare said...

Oh yikes! Glad you managed it all ok.

Anonymous said...

Well done for gritting your teeth and doing the injection yourself for the first time. It can't be pleasant but you've very brave to knuckle down and get on with it.

Oz looks so snuggly in his beautiful Pooh blankie. Bless him xxx

zoe xx said...

Well done missus - I'm proud of you!

Sasha said...

Ouchoooooo as Finnbin would say but think you've got the right (and admirable attitude!) that you've just gotta do it. Jeez, if it was me though i would be making a right fuss and being a big girl's blouse about it!
Yummy to eating more!!! i'm all for that!
Tummy tickles to your gorgeous blue bundle.
Sxxxxxx