Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It went ok! (plus a happy surprise)

We only had 2 customers - which is better than none I suppose. They both had a brilliant time -both had treatments - one mum had the full body massage which is our most expensive - but we have lost quite a bit of money - as is to be expected at the beginning.

It was like another trial for us, but one with 3 children in the creche, with creche staff and all facilities. It was really helpful and all we need now is MORE MUMMIES! We're going on a publicity blitz for the rest of the week.

Oz's first day in nursery was a bit eventful - I had to sign the accident book twice on picking him up! He got scratched by another kid (grrr) and then bit his tongue while on the trampoline. He also had to have his top changed after eating soup (hardly surprising!). He seemed quite happy when I picked him up - a bit less cuddly with me in the evening but I think that's tiredness - he didn't sleep - I didn't think he would - they all lie down in one room on floor mats and he's used to either sleeping in his cot or in the car. I thought he'd be a psycho when I picked him up but he just wanted to come home and (surprise surprise) watch Little Einsteins.

Highlight of the day? Picking up the phone this evening and hearing Lesley's voice!! All the way from Dubai - thank you to Skype! It was SO nice to speak to her - I miss her so much. It's hard to believe she's so far away sometimes. She's fine - is going to blog tomorrow she said - has survived her first sandstorm! But all her stuff has arrived so that's cool. It made the day lovely.

I'm exhausted. Stress and stuff I suppose. Early night for me. Then get up, take Oz to nursery, and ideally come back and go back to bed, but I think I've got too much work to do - what with lesson plans for next week's monkey music (including a whole new curriculum) and publicity for LAB - plus I need to edit the website to bring it all up to date. Never stops!

I promised Lesley pictures of my bump so not tonight as I look rough as a badger's bum - but maybe tomorrow when I'm rested (and put some makeup on!)

4 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Congrats it all went well sugar - try and get at least half an hour chill time tomorrow in between all your chores - you is a pregnant lady! :o)

xxx

So long, farewell! said...

PS yes, we want to see bump pics!

x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations honey - fabulous - at least you had two HAPPY customers! And now you have confidence you can publicise up a storm - and don't forget - they will tell their friends!

lots of love x Pearl

Unknown said...

Well done you xxx

Hope youre getting some well earned rest x