Tuesday, September 26, 2006

And another one...

I know! Doesn't post for weeks then 3 in one day. I think cos Rob isn't here, I haven't got anyone to talk to....

Just had a massive blub fest on the phone to my Mum. She's been away in France for the weekend - I normally talk to her once a day! So I missed her. And filling her in on the midwife and the diabetes and the psycho bedtime I sort of lost it.

I'm more scared than I admitted about the diabetes. My blood levels have been very high this weekend. Or I think they have - I'm not really sure. It isn't as easy to control as last time. The only way I've kept my bloods below 6.8 today is by not eating hardly anything. Which I know isn't good. But I'm scared to eat! The midwife freaked me by telling me that if baby is exposed to consistent high bloods, it can harm his lung development. And I've only been testing since Saturday morning but as I said - couldn't get my levels below 6.8 and peaked at 8.6 (I'm supposed to be between 4 and 5 in the morning and below 7 after meals)

I left a message for the midwife to call me - I rang her yesterday morning - but haven't heard from her. I'm going to ring again tomorrow after Monkey Music.

I'm just feeling tired and tearful. I'm going to go to bed now I think....just wish I could stop blubbing.

Send me a cyber hug?

4 comments:

Dixie said...

Stress, upset, lack of sleep - it's all going to make your blood sugar high. You know the drill...regular light meals and regular exercise will do wonders for getting your sugar down.

Sorry you've been so under it lately. Sending love your way.

EG said...

((((((((((Sally)))))))))) There you go babes. Hope it works. Perhaps ask your mum over so she can take some of the pressure off you, and SLOW DOWN WOMAN! I couldn't do all the stuff you do and I'm not pg! Sending you loads of love, hugs and kisses! XXXXXXXXX

E. x

Anonymous said...

So wishing I could give you a hug in person and take care of Oz's bedtime routine so you can get a break.

Is there anything I can send you? Trail mix? Beef jerkey? Say it, and it's yours.

Anonymous said...

Hey honey,

Hope you feel better soon - remember you are doing everything you can, but remember - like last time - not eating at all is not the solution! You know what the low GI foods are - so just be sensible and stop freaking out!

...and from one workaholic to another sometimes you have to remember that the most important things are you and your two babies health - so when you get stressed out remember that you can cancel a class, or a LAB day and let other people down (if you have to!) and you don't have to be Supernanny (especially when Rob is away), it is okay to take the easy option and put yourself first for a change.

Feel the fear and be crap for a bit anyway. I'd send you a hug but I'll give you one in person v. soon x Pearl