Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hot and bothered....

Not a good day today - it's too bloody hot! Energy sapping, sweaty, sticky close and horrible heat. Took Oscar swimming this morning instead of going to our usual library singalong as it would have been too warm with about 20 toddlers and grownups in a very small room.

Was looking forward to my booking in appointment this afternoon - seems wierd to have a booking in two weeks AFTER my scan! Sat for 45 minutes pouring sweat in a very stuffy waiting room - Oscar slowing going into meltdown - only for the midwife to come out and explain that she just realised she'd run out of medical notes books and would have to drive to her other clinic to get some - which would mean at least 20 minutes waiting. Then the appointment - which if she was running 45 minutes late - obviously takes her a long time....

I was fuming. I'd taken the afternoon off Monkey Music - and therefore I didn't get paid - I'd sat and sweltered....I wasn't happy. But being the stupid unassertive British person I am I smiled and said don't worry! ARGH. I am so annoyed at myself.

She has rescheduled the appointment for Monday and she's coming to my house which will be much easier on Oscar. By then I'll be 14 weeks pregnant.

Oz has been hot and ratty all afternoon - I didn't want to go out again - had no where really to go - I just wanted to sit in front of a fan. He's been dragging me in and out of the garden, stropping left right and centre cos he's hot and bothered - wouldn't eat any dinner.

Had enough today. I'm dreading tomorrow where it's going to be 37degrees and I'm teaching in an airless church hall all morning. The car is the worst - it's like a sauna. All the seats and dashboard are red hot. And if you put the airblowers on (not airconditioning but blowy things) they blow red hot air in your face. It's truly horrible. The Cosmic Ordering hasn't worked as yest on the car order....and I really really want one!

Sorry for the winge. Just feeling pissed off and miserable and sorry for myself and hot and fed up.

6 comments:

EG said...

(((((Sally))))) I don't cope well in this heat either and I'm not pg! The docs that I used to go to when I was having Jade was the same with antenatal appts, pathetic! I hate people who are so inconsiderate towards pregnant ladies!

GRRR!!!!

Ess. x

So long, farewell! said...

Sorry you're having such a hard time in the heat. It's boiling here too and we can't go upstairs as it's like an oven :o( Can't go outside either as the bugs eat me... Can't win.. lol..

As for the car, have you thought about leesing through Arnold Clark or similar? You pay each month rather than a lump sum then either give it back or trade it up in 3 years time. All your repairs etc are covered too and the finance is really low (I think 2% or less). They've got some nice MPV's at the mo the senic and oasis have all the mod cons...

xxx

Dixie said...

Believe me, it's hot here too and I'm whining and I'm not pregnant! You get to whine all you want because you deserve it.

I absolutely dread tomorrow. It's supposed to be 38. I could cry thinking about it.

Clare said...

This heat is pretty unbearable I agree! I can't seem to find any relief, though the mint choc skinny cow lolly I am currently munching on is helping a teeny bit :)
Let's hope it cools down a bit soon eh? It's hard work for us pregnant ladies ferrying another person around 24/7!

Nic said...

Aww Sal, sorry you are feeling crappy. Why do we never say what we think and why are mw appointments so late even though when you get in there, they have 10seconds to see you?!
Grr!
N
xx

Annie said...

I'm sorry you're so miserable Sal! We had 108 F (that's about 42 for you I think) for a few days straight. But we get hot temps regularly here, so at least we have air conditioning, as do al the publi buildings... I escaped my house the other day by spending about half the day wandering the shopping mall just to stay cool!

Hope the heat breaks soon for you.