Friday, June 16, 2006

An evening to myself

It's been quite a week - from hot and humid to wet and miserable to hot again weather wise. Oz has been waking up at 5am regularly and I haven't always managed to get him back to bed. I've been knackered by the evening and teaching this week was a real effort. Oscar has been quite moody in the afternoons (tired I think) so it's been tough keeping him entertained - I didn't have anything planned this week (very unlike me) so I'm making sure my afternoons are filled next week.

I've been worrying about finding him a nursery place - my original choice let me down last week so I've been desperately ringing round and trying to find a place for September. Though my boss isn't being brilliant about the pregnancy - she says she has to get a new teacher (obviously) who might not want to wait until January or even the end of the year - so was almost saying that she might replace me in September. Which would be a nightmare financially and also probably jeopardise my maternity pay. And it means I might not be able to pay for a nursery place in September but I'm still looking for one and hoping that I'll still be working.

I'm starting to feel the pregnancy too - a heavy feeling down low in my abdomen. The nausea has disappeared and although I've been tired this week it's really because of interrupted sleep (getting up to pee). I don't feel that bone shattering exhaustion. So maybe I'm further ahead than 9 weeks....

have a scan on 7 July so we'll see then.

Anyway - the title of this post - Rob is out tonight. Oscar has actually been semi decent all afternoon - slept from 2 - 4.30 and then Kirsti was on webcam for about an hour so she entertained him for me! Now I'm going to order sushi (I know, I know you shouldn't have it when you're pregnant but I don't care) and watch Grace get her arse kicked out of the Big Brother house. And get totally shocked when she realises people don't hate her cos she snogged Mikey, they hate her cos she's a bitch!

Quite looking forward to it in an evil way..hehe!

3 comments:

EG said...

(((((Sall))))) I hope everything works out ok on the work front, IKWYM about eviction night, I love seeing their reaction when they see how they have been caught out and all the lies, backstabbing comes out!!!

E. x

So long, farewell! said...

Glad you are feeling better darlin and Oz gave you some peace - has the heat let up yet?

Enjoy your sushi and eviction night

xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Sal, please check the UK labour laws to see if your boss can legally do that to you. Here that is not allowed!

Sorry I wasn't able to get to Detroit to see you chum.

hugs and misses

Jan,eh!