Friday, May 05, 2006

One of those days

I'm having one of those days where EVERYTHING is going wrong. Starts off this morning where I stubbed my toe TWICE getting out of bed - that should have been a sign.

The traffic was so bad this morning - I was in a stationery traffic jam for 40 minutes - that I arrived at my class at 9.30 - when I was supposed to start teaching. No time to unpack properly - sort myself out - do a warm up - nothing. The whole morning was stressful and difficult. A kid threw up on me.

On the way home I got caught in traffic again. Then this afternoon, I went shopping, everywhere I went was massive queues. Oscar has been a trooper - but it's suddenly hot and everyone is bothered. Then the car park exit wouldn't accept my ticket. I had to park up, go back to the machine, check it had been paid - it had - go back, put Oz back into the car, try again - no deal....

Then got some bad news from my family which I won't go into online. No one is dead or anything but there's stress. My friend Julie's husband is in hospital with an unknown virus. Some friends of friends who I know well are splitting up after 15 years together. It's pouring down bad news.

Rob is out tonight. Luckily Oscar went down like a dream... But now my internet connection on the laptop won't work. It's connecting to the wireless modem but internet explorer doesn't know it - when I click on internet options it has no connections and I've tried to reinstall the wireless modem software - it says it cant find the router even though it's also telling me it's connected. I've tried putting in all sorts of different settings - none of whom are working -any internet whiz's out there can help?

I'm just feeling like I've been shat on from great heights all day long. And I'm fed up.

5 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Hugs darlin - sounds like a crappy day. If you want a chat over the weekend (internet or otherwise) just give me the nod.

As for the wireless problem. Have you secured your network or got the network hidden? If so, your laptop won't be able to find it to log on as it's a security feature. Also if it's not got certain MAC addresses authorised that might be the reason too. You should be able to check all that in your WLAN control panel. If you give me a ring and tell me what's on your screen etc then I can talk you through it if you can't fix it.

Hope that helps & big hugs

xxxx

Dixie said...

Oh Sal! No one deserves a day like you've had! You poor love!

I hope the unhappy stuff in the family sorts itself out and that the rest of the bad things go away on their own.

Love to you, sugar.

Anonymous said...

You've had one shitty week, my friend, and I'm sorry.

I hope the family stuff resolves itself. Drop me a line if you need to talk.

Big hugs and lots of love. Repeat this mantra to yourself: "Three weeks until IHOP. Three weeks until IHOP..."

Al said...

Big Boos for Bad Days!! Were you in Bromley? I was there, it was horridly hot and I was so glad to get on that bus and go home!

Hope it's nothing too serious with Julie's husband.

If you like, I could ask Stephen if he'll pop round and check your connection? Free of charge of course (in my capacity as Company Sec I can say that!!).

Hope today is a much better day.

Alx

Unknown said...

Big hugs to you (((((Sall))))))

Those kind of days are the pits.