Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ok now I feel guilty

He did forget. He freely admits that - he forgot something else too...he'd bought me a ring - our engagement ring was very cheap - blue topaz and cubiz zirconia - I used to tell every one it was sapphire and diamond but it wasn't. Then the zirconias fell out. So I haven't worn an engagement ring for years. And I've hinted...for years.

He ordered this one a few weeks ago and was supposed to pick it up on Tuesday. So he came home with it -it IS sapphire and diamond. Ceylon sapphire - palest blue. And real diamonds. I've never had real diamonds before. It's too small - I have to wear it on my little finger - but I can get it resized.

So now I feel like the world's biggest bitch. We've both had a bad day. For nothing.

I'm not sure how to make it better but I'm going to try.

6 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

lol - I tried to get a message to him today (don't have his email or anything so I was searching the net) to 'remind' him that he'd better pick up some flowers and book a table somewhere - I ended up sending a vague message to the maritime museum asking them to ask Rob to email me!

Glad you got a beautiful ring though, diamonds sparkle so!

Give him a big kiss and a blowie that'll make it all better :o)

EG said...

Yay to diamonds!!! Enjoy the rest of your anniversary, I am sure you can conjure up something, you clever lady you!

Ess. x

Dixie said...

It's a gorgeous ring. I love Ceylon sapphires.

Sorry your anniversary got off to a bad start but sapphires and diamonds are always nice healing tools.

Sasha said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Totally biased as I have a Ceylon sapphire engagement ring and love it as it is so unusual. How very lovely of The Man.
Sxxxx

Anonymous said...

yeay you got real diamonds - forget all the silly stuff and have a fabulous weekend together! x Pearl

Clare said...

Sal that ring is beautiful! So that shows he WAS thinking about it all but forgot at the last moment......no point in being too hard on him, he's a man after all so he can't help it!
Hope you ended the day all warm and fuzzy together :)