Saturday, April 22, 2006

Sunshine!

Don't it make you feel good? It was very springlike in London today and Oscar and I had a fabulous time up in town - went up to meet Joanne and her son Liam - Jo is Oz's fairy godmother - one of the most generous women I know. We originally met when I temped with her at the University of London - then I covered her job when she was on maternity leave and was 6 weeks pregnant when she came back to work. She's a very close friend and a wonderful fairy godmother - Oscar has worn most of Liam's clothes and inherited a lot of his toys.

It was lovely on the southbank -the boys running around in the shade of the London Eye

Then we found the carousel - Oscar loved it but....as you can see from the sign on the booth, he was too little....

We had lunch on the banks of the river at the Giraffe cafe - !

and yes - my hair is in pigtails....I know I look silly but it's doing my head in - getting it cut when I go to detroit and because it's so layered, a ponytail doesn't hold it all up....so I'm wearing bunches a lotOscar loved watching the boats on the Thames.

A lovely lovely day! I had to put him to bed tonight as Dr Who was on but he was angelic - totally knackered.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day! Love love love your piggytails! I haven't worn my hair like that in awhile; it's too long now so I wind up looking like Pippi Longstockings. On you, it looks fab.

I'm a Dr. Who widow, too.

EG said...

Aww love Oscar, he's such a lad! I have just been sat here trying to get my hair into bunches but naaaah, not happening! Joe went on a carousel the other week but I had to sit on the horse with him. He bloody loved it. He loves any ride like that. Today I spent £2 on the Bob The Builder ride in Mothercare - cheaper than going to the fair I guess!

Lucky you having people give you clothes for Oscar, you have some amazing friends, all my friends have had girls, and much as Joe likes handbags and hats, i'm not going to start putting him in pinafores and tights!

Ess. x

Jess said...

I am ALL about the pigtails, so I will never judge you for it. They're darling. I've been wearing pigtails to death lately because I don't feel like getting a haircut.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh what a gorgeous day out!
I'm also loving the pigtails!

Al said...

What a fab day!! I really should make the effort with Jack but he's not one for walking in the same direction as me when we go out and I really would like to get him out of the buggy more. Love the pigtails! Jack doesn't like me with my hair up, he won't come near me, and first thing in the morning he gives me my glasses so I look like his mum!

Couldn't you have passed Oz of as a 2 year old? I'm sure you easily could. Only 2 more months and Jack would be old enough, but I'll probably have to take his birth certificate around with me til he's 5!

When the weather gets warmer, we should do a picnic in Kelsey Park! Though pick a time when the loos are working because every time I go there I have to get the key for the disabled loo.

Take care
Alx

Unknown said...

Long live pigtails!

Sasha said...

Hmmmm, all homesick now! I love London, especially with blue sky like that. Love the pigtails! Finn just pulls my bands out and tries to put them in his hair so I have given up!
Yay for days that knacker the kids out!
Love Sxxx