Monday, April 03, 2006

A much better day

Thank you - as always - for your encouraging and lovely comments. I'm going to endeavour to not winge in this post to make a change!!!

I got to bed nice and early last night and Oz, bless him, didn't wake up till 7.40. Hoorah! So I feel more rested. We had a nice morning, had to get ready to be out early and drop the car off at the garage by 9am. I was a bit worried actually but luckily my friends Nicky and Julie also planned to be in Bromley that day. Cos we were in so early I had the bright idea of going to the local library and having a book sesh with Oz - he was very happy running around and reading. We met up with the others at 10 and wandered for an hour - then went to Starbucks. Oz was being good up until that point and lasted about 20 minutes before losing the plot - but I had time for a lovely skinny mocha and skinny blueberry muffin.

I went for a walk with Oscar to stop him ruining everyone else's coffee break - went to a couple of charity shops and picked up some bargain books - really new titles for £1.50 each. And a book for Oz to keep him quiet.

Bought him a sausage roll and then he conked out in the pushchair. Julie and I had a lovely lunch in Miso (where I should have had lunch with Mum and Dad yesterday) and a really good chat in peace. Oz woke up as we left and Julie gave us a lift home. Hoorah again!

Oz spent most of the afternoon in the garden -the spawn is still there but I put him in his waterproof trousers and jacket - I thought I'll just hose him off if he gets covered in it! He was happily playing with next door's cat for nearly an hour - giving me a bit of time to do the washing and stuff. AND phone Rob - finally managed to get hold of him at 7.30am his time. Was really lovely to talk to him and Oscar had great fun saying "pop" down the phone. Don't know if he's americanising his name for his Daddy or just saying the word cos he likes it!

My mum came round and minded Oz while I took the 2 buses to get the car. It was only (!) £300 which was better than I expected - full service, MOT and repairs to the bumper. We're already in money troubles this month so I've booked an appointment with my accountant (Mum) to go through our bank statement and work out where the money is going and how to stop us haemorrhaging money each month. Time to stop overspending and really tighten our belts. I'm dreading it but I need to do it - I'm so rubbish with money!

Oz didn't beat me up at bath-time - I managed to distract him when he did start to hit - I don't think he means to - he just gets a bit giddy when he's tired.

So tonight he got his 2 stories, his milk and his song and although I can hear he's still awake, he's quite quiet. I feel much better about it. I hated last night - felt really down (as you could have told from the entry).

So I can cope on my own. I'm going to cook a pork chop for my tea (Rob hates pork so it's an opportunity for me to have a yummy dinner I wouldn't normally get). And watch Desperate Housewives from last week which my lovely mum taped for me.

No plans for tomorrow yet but at least I have a car in good nick again.

4 comments:

Nic said...

You keep updating as I'm about to commment then I read the new one and forget to comment, easily distracted me!
I'm glad you've had a better day. It does get better after the first few days on your own. Well I found that when M was away for 3months before Christmas, you get into a routine and bedtime is youtime.
I love charity shops and buying books is good because you are helping other people ;o) We got the old Ringo Starr Thomas the Tank video for £1 this afternoon for Daddy. Jack isn't bothered who tells the stories but M wants good old Ringo.
Good luck with the moneysaving. Do you budget/write down everything you spend? I find that helps but then I feel really bad for every little thing I buy.
Sorry, I'm rambling in your comments now!!!
Nic
xx

Clare said...

Good luck with the budgeting. I could do with some tips. Or maybe I should just stop buying so much "stuff"!!!!
Glad you had a better day. These kids really know how to test us don't they?

Unknown said...

One good day really makes the difference doesnt it?
I dont enjoy eating out much with Sylvie, shes too eager to explore and very busy with it. If shes eating shes not too bad but if it was just a quick coffee then Id rather have one at home and invite my mates round there!! Now thats lazy!

Had awful 2 days with Sylvie amd been thinking of you. Find it very hard to keep cool. But this evening she was so much fun. We had such a giggle and it makes you forget the tough times..until next tiem that is.

Good luck with your money meeting. Im pretty crap with money too but have got better since I married someone who is the opposite (or maybe Ive just got sneakier) Im and emotional spender, thats my prob. If Im happy I'll buy cards for friends and magazines and lots a bits that I dont need. If Im miserable or bored I go spending online which is a disaster. Hope it goes well with your Mum.

Bet you cant wait for your man to return now xxx

Dixie said...

Sucks about the car expense but the rest sounds like things are looking up.

I'm horrible with money too. Good thing I'm married to someone who is excellent with it.