Friday, April 28, 2006

Bad day

It's been a lovely week. Manic - first week back working - first 4 days a week working week.

I'm tired. But it was cool. Oscar got bitten very badly by my childminder's son,but I handled it well. I've been chatting up a storm with old friends i'd lost touch with.

Then this morning - dropped Oz off, drove to Monkey Music. Stopped at McDonalds to get breakfast - didn't have enough money so bought some tea. After Monkey Music I was going shopping. But I couldn't find my purse. I thought I'd left it at home so started to drive there before getting Oz - then realised I'd bought tea that morning.....

I must have left it at MaccyDs. I remember stopping to put milk in my tea. I must have - though I can't see how - put my purse down and then not picked it up again.

And it had EVERYTHING in it. I'm an idiot. My cards, my driving license, my national insurance number card I've had since I was 17. Photos of Oz. Photos of friends. Silly irreplaceable bits of paper. And....2 passes to Disneyland Florida - we had 4 day passes when we went years ago and there was one day left on them - they never expire.

I'm an idiot! I shouldn't keep them in my purse. I shouldn't keep half the crap in there that I did - my purse was the size of most people's handbags. But I've never ever lost my purse before - I'm always so careful. I can't believe I've done this.

I rang the police, searched MaccyDs, hoping someone would have worked out there was no cash and dumped it somewhere. They haven't so far. No one tried to use my cards. They're cancelled. I've asked the fairies very nicely to find it. Even tried St Antony.

Bugger. Not happy. The only thing that is making me feel better is dancing round my kitchen to the Dixie Chicks on full blast. Don't know what made me think of doing that but Oscar is loving it. I'm so pissed off at myself.

6 comments:

Al said...

Bugger bugger bugger. It's the worse thing losing your purse or bag as usually they contain just about everything that enables you to function!! I've lost my purse twice in Maccy Ds (never heard anyone else call it that!)but fortunatley both times it's been handed in (probably because there was nowt in it!). Really hope it turns up not least because of the Disney tickets.

Hope Oscar's bite heals nicely, biting is one of those things that is very difficult to handle whether your child does it or another child does it to you. My older two used to bite each other and it used to drive me barmy, though having each other to eat meant they didn't try eating any other child thankfully!

((((Sally)))) Keep up the dancing! Have a drink too if it helps! I'll have one too and I'll have a word with the fairies as well

Alx

Unknown said...

Oh Im sorry honey, how pants for you. Its always the little rubbishy thigns in your purse that are the most important. I try not to keep anything in mine but bare essentials now after loosing one in London with v special photos on it that couldnt be replaced.
Hope you have a lovely evening with your boys to cheer you up. If you read this before 7pm Sylvies up for webchat xxx

EG said...

Aww Sall ((((((Sally)))))) I lost my purse when I was just pg with Joe, coming back from an early scan. You always live in hope it will show up.

Sorry to hear Oscar was bitten, I hope it gets better soon!

Come online tonight, we'll all cheer you up!

E. x

So long, farewell! said...

Hugs darlin, that's just pants.

I've put my magic psychic finding hat on and it is in the car down the side of the drivers seat... or somewhere round there...

love and big hugs

xxx

Anonymous said...

That sucks! Ugh. I'm sorry. I used to be really, really bad about losing track of my purse. I've had several incidents like yours, and they always left me feeling stupid, disappointed, and down-right sick.

I hope it turns up.

Nic said...

Grr! I hate loosing things. I'm with Mox, I loose my phone on an almost daily occurance and its often in the car bewteen the seat and door. I hope it turns up. Bugger!!
But on the plus side--I have found someone else who likes The Dixie Chicks!!
Nic
xx