Monday, March 27, 2006

Utah

Rob rang me from work today to ask if I minded if he went to Utah on Saturday....like asking if Iminded if he went to the pub....!!!

His boss has had to pull out of the trip due to family illness - so Rob is probably taking her place. Of course his passport has expired....so he's got an appointment to get it done in a day on Thursday. And they have to confirm that they can either get a refund on his boss's ticket or exchange it for Rob's name....

But it looks like he's going. From Saturday - back on Wednesday. It's his birthday on Thursday so at least he'll be home for that....but I'll have a lonely few days. I hate being on my own...but I'm not on my own - I'll have a manic ginger grumpy dwarf attached to me at all times with no respite!

I swear Oscar is on a period. He's so bloody moody! Swings from giggling to throwing things and wailing in the blink of an eye....and I thought I was bad with PMT! Nothing compared to toddlerhood at the moment....

So I'm sure I'll cope but it will be knackering....Lesley - any tips?

7 comments:

Sasha said...

Lol at the PMT comment! The actual thought of them being away is worse than the reality iykwim. I find when Justin is here I am clock watching, waiting for him to come in to hand the boy over and I get riled if he is late, but when he is away, I just get into a routine and know my shift ends at 7pm when F is asleep. I also make sure I have yummy, easy to prepare food in and lots of magazines and dvds. Always get the girls round with a takeaway too. Just think of all the brownie points you'll collect! Sxxxxx

Clare said...

Ahhh, you'll be fine! My Dh often goes away, I used to hate it but quite enjoy it now! And he's bound to bring you back a little pressie eh?
Tell you what, it's a good job men don't have periods. Poor Oscar. Choc always helps with MY PMT!

Unknown said...

Jim works from Fri to Sun every other weekend and at first I used to get quite lonely as Sunday is a family day isnt it? Now I always try to get out of the house, visit a mate or family to break the day up. Make sure you have things planned and get a good book, some magazines and treats for your lonesome evenings. A few early nights may do you the world of good. Maybe plan a special birthday suprise for Daddy, get Oz to make some paintings and cards etc..
Dont worry about housework for a few days and just play with your little guy. Alternatively, if he's being a grumpy bugger despite you trying to play with him, try playing dead!

Anonymous said...

Agree with all the comments - I'd say have some lovely long baths but I know yours is pants - mmmm, get out EVERY day, even if it's just a stroll to the local newsagents.
Call me when/if required. Lydia loves washing up with me, bizarre but true so get Oscar involved in jobs you wouldn't normally think he'd like - children love dusters! lol!!!

Annie said...

Gads! Tell Rob to have a fabulous time in Utah. I know it's for work, but really, it's a beautiful place. I believe it's all snowy white wonderland right now too. Tell him he must get someone fromthe conference (ir whatever it is) to take him to the mountains for a few hours! It's one of the most breathtaking places in the world!

Sorry you have to be alone with a sick bebe though. :(

So long, farewell! said...

Come and see me (or post Oscar up in a crate with air holes in).

love and hugs

x

Beege said...

Poor Oz! Poorer Sal!

I wish I could pop over and help out--at the very least distract your ginger dwarf with my tiny blonde pixie while the Mummies (you and me) could sip wine and talk.